Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Stringing techniques

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by ayl, Sep 23, 2002.

1. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    G'day all,

I've done a bit of searching here and althought there are heaps of information in regards to this topic, I still need some more help.

I've recently taken up stringing my own rackets as a hobby and although I am getting good at it, I like to know more about the art of restring a badminton racket.

Basically I am seeking some picture / diagram or specific instructions on how to string a racket, ie., different lacing methods, be it 2 string or single string, proper way to tie an knot, threading thru grommets, etc.

Currently I am doing a single string technique using a 4 point drop weight machine, and I want to know and try 2 string techniques. Also I am having trouble string BG66 at high tensions (23+lbs) although I don't seem to have such problem with any other string be it BG65 or BG85....

Maybe professional stringers like YY Fan can help me out....:confused:

2. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
  3. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    http://www.prospeed.com.my/Step.htm

this is a site from prospeed.com that has numerous diagrams that show you how to string a racquet. You can probably give it a try. good luck.

4. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    Thanks guys - great sites for information! Cheers.:)