Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Stringing while injured - some advice needed

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Hierony, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Hierony

Hierony New Member

Physics
    Hi guys, as a very enthusiastic badminton player I read this forum a lot, now time to post something myself;

since a while I have been injured slightly, having a tennis elbow as well as some weird wrist injury, which has probably to do with my hyperflexible hands (which is an annyoing thing to have).

anyway, the pain is getting a bit less, so with the new season on the doorstep I would like to increase my frequency of play again, but at the same time avoiding to stress my injuries too much. Therefore my question about stringing;

What is the best tension to string my racket to release stress on my wrist and elbow, and what would be the best string?

This saturday I will go to let my racket be restrung, I have access to ML XL, BG 65, 65 Ti, 68 Ti, 80, 85, 98.

So I hope you fellow enthusiasts will have some good advice on this :)
    Cheers from Amsterdam!

- about my style of play (for if this is useful to know); I used to be a very attacking/power player, but now I am somehow forced to take it easy, so focussing more on the defense and long rallies - as in, not smashing from the end of the court anymore ^_^

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Stringer, Panda reseller, whatever else comes up
    Well, Microlegend XL is the softest (if I recall correctly), so I'd go with that. As for tension, just reduce your usual by 10%.