Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Lao Liu, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Lao Liu

Lao Liu Guest

It has been pussled me for sometime now. I have my rackets strung by different stringers. Some of them strung the racket with two pieces of strings for h and v directions (4 knots), while others just had one piece (two knots). What are the differences? Is it true that two pieces of string is better for different tensions in H and V directions, or u can archieve this with a single string too?
  2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm not a stringer so i can't tell you for sure. But not only are rackets tied with 2 or 4 knots, they also have a different no. of strings on the cross. If you check the bottom of the racket, there may be 1 cross string less on some rackets than others
  3. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Apr 30, 2002
    North York, Ont
    if you have 4 knots, it most likely means that you have different tensions b/w the main and cross strings( i do that too).
    also, stringing with only 2 knots will have the strings start in a different direction when compared to a racquet string with 4 knots.
    if i recall correctly, a racquet strung with 4 knots will have the mains strung first, from the bottom to the top...or something like that...ok i confused myself.
    but i do know for sure that stringing with 2 knots uses a different stringing technique......i dunno :sad:
  4. boy

boy Guest

The best stringer should always have 2 pieces, and have 1~2 lbs. difference in V and H tensions. If it only use 1 piece, it will change the shape of the racquent when you use high tensions.

Overall, go to the stringer, who use the first method you mentioned.