Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Strings and performance

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Matt Ross, May 29, 2002.

1. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Hi all,

Just a quick question here, do you feel that it matters what string yous have in your racquet? For example, would the performance of yonex bg-65 in a yonex racquet be better than say ashaway strings in a yonex racquet? Do you feel it matters, do any of you notice any difference performance wise when u have a total different type of manufactured string in a different make racquet?

Matt

2. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    i don't think different brand of strings of a yonex racquet really matters....

3. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Strings do matter, but not in that way.

Find a string that you like, can afford, and get hold of. What brand it is is completely irrelevant. Sometimes you hear (incompetent) stringers say things LIKE "Yonex Ti series racquets should only be strung with Yonex Ti strings", and this is of course complete BS.

4. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    personnally, my favourite string is the bg70 because it's not too expensive, and it maintains tension MUCH better than bg65... but then i haven't exactly used a wide variety of strings..