Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Strings: switch from bg65 to bg??

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Justus_Jonas, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Justus_Jonas

Justus_Jonas Regular Member

hi,

i played with bg 65 for over years so far. Now i got a new Ti-10. So what do you think what string i should switch to?

It should give me the feel of the bg 65 (or better), very good feeling for drops and netplay but perhaps a bit more power (than the bg65) for smashes and good sound. any tips?

Thx

Justus

2. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Hmmm, try BG-80. I think that was the best string for me because it had alot of kick and the control was great. I strung it at 21/23 for plastic. With the kick it feels alot better than BG-65 and the durability was great. I had it for two months and I started to see a tear and I restrung it immediatly and didn't wait for it to snap.

Yodums

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    BG85, if you do not mind restringing more frequently.

4. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Is that your main string? Since I heard it is equivilant to BG66... My experience with BG66 was horrible. It was strung at 21pounds broke after 3 weekends. I didn't want to spend 240.00 a year on stringing! I heard people breaking their BG66 in one night! And I don't consider myself to be much of a hard hitter.

Yodums

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It used to be my main string. You can do a search on BG85 in the equipment forum on my experience.

I used to string it at 24-25lbs. The strings won;t last too long but feel good.

My main string now is BG65 at 28lbs.

I tried BG66 at 26lbs as an experiment in one racquet. It's a good string. Won't last long though. It keeps the tension quite well during the time it lasts.\

I use feather shuttles so perhaps the string lasts longer.

6. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Cool. That's why I figured the strings lasted longer. Oh well :) I'll stick with my Ashaway strings though hehe.