Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

strining noob needs a few answers

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by lkomarci, Apr 3, 2005.

1. lkomarci

lkomarci Regular Member

Apr 3, 2005
    1. i have yonex isometric swing power SA. now i've seen in a yonex catalogue that some rackets should be strung in the way that the cross has more tension for about 1 or 2 lbs while some rackets should be strung in the way that main and cross strings have the same tension. i was wondering how's with my racket? should the cross strings have higher tension than the mains?

2. i know that there are lots of stringing i was wondering which one is the best?

3. should i use different stringing techniques for different racket types? like...would it be better if lets say yonex muscle power series rackets would be strung using technique A, swing power using technique B and so on... or is it really the same whether u're using a single technique on all types of rackets?
  2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

May 20, 2002
    I think many of ur questions being discussed multiple times before, and please do a search. Here's a quick summary:

1. Personally, I believe the so-call different string method (i.e. 4 knots vs 2 knots) are highly depend on the type of machine u use.

2. In yonex string pattern, it usually suggests 10% more tension on cross. However, it also depend on the string machine (mounting method) u use.

3. I don't think any method are way better than another, as long as its proven to be reliable.