Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Summer Badminton for the next 2-3 weeks?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by taigech, Aug 24, 2010.

1. taigech

taigech Regular Member

Back in Toronto for the next 2-3 weeks before the new semester starts.

Wondering where I can play drop in badminton? Too used to playing 3-4 times a week throughout the summer at my university rec centre... and now I just sit around/go out, but no exercise! :crying:

Most places I can find only have schedules up for the year (starting sept), nothing I can see for the summer. Even the torontochinese schedule stops Aug 20...

2. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
  3. taigech

taigech Regular Member

Thanks for the link (it doesn't work for some reason, but when I google it then it works).

I forgot about this place... the only thing I don't really like is how close the courts are to each other + how close they are to the edges of the room :eek:

4. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    yup .. but consider the price and availaility .. meh .,,, its ok till all the private clubs reopens :D

5. taigech

taigech Regular Member

Haha yeah the price/being open open almost all the time is great...

I borrowed my friends YMCA membership and went to play badminton there. Never again.

Courts too close to the walls/each other. I can't do anything because I'm worried most of the time I'm going to run into the wall or break my racquet if I swing behind me, or I'm going to run into someone from another court. Too spoiled by the university rec centre :rolleyes: so I guess I probably won't go to agincourt open since the courts seem to be in similar proximity :crying: