Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Swiss Open 2008: Day 3 (13 Mar)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by badMania, Mar 12, 2008.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It was a near perfect day for Team INA, if not for Sony's unexpected defeat yesterday. The WS players will be going home as expected, joined by Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi and Sony Dwi Kuncoro as flight mates.

Another long day beckons today.....
    12:45pm XD R16 Robert Blair/Imogen Bankier vs Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa [3] -- another encounter with Blair/Bankier and I believe Flandy/Vita should be fired up by now.

1:30pm XD R16 Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl vs Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir [2] -- another rematch against an old foe. They have met so many times in the past half a year, with records shared at 2-2. The Danish pair won in Chinese-Taipei and French Opens, while the INA pair triumphed in Hong Kong and All-England. Can Nova/Butet repeat last week's result?

3:45pm WD R16 Jo Novita/Greysia Polii vs Gao Ling/Zhao Tingting [5] -- can Jo/Grace beat the weakest Chinese pair?

3:45pm WD R16 Vita Marissa/Lilyana Natsir vs Du Jing/Yu Yang [3] -- a battle between the two tomboys...I think the Chinese pair should prevail here.

4:30pm WD R16 Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen [1] vs Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nursugianti -- another match vs the Chinese pair...surely the INA pair will go home tomorrow.

6:00pm MD R16 Shuichi Sakamoto/Shintaro Ikeda vs Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya [5] -- a good performance against the AE runner-up for Tony/Candra yesterday and they will face the AE semi-finalist today. They should take this one.

6:45pm MD R16 Tan Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock vs Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto [8] -- a tough match for Luluk/Alvent, but, they should win!

8:15pm MS R16 Taufik Hidayat [7] vs Anup Sridhar -- Taufik was slain by the same opponent in the World Championships last year. Can history repeat itself yet again today?

9:45pm MD R16 Robert Blair/Richard Eidestedt vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan [2] -- the last match of the day as always for Kido/Hendra...they should take this one though!

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Terrible start time for me 4 am... ZZZZZZZZZ... :p:D

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..you can get an early start by sleeping.......................................now (i think that's what Hau-ge did y'day/last night)..:);)

4. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

He is still in Asian time zone, but we are not :mad::D The singles will start a couple hours later, good for me. I think Anup Sridhar is a dark horse for anyone :rolleyes:

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I don't think Taufik is going to let lightning strike twice.

6. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    most likely taufik is back looking for revenge:D

7. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Another day

3:00PM WS WONG Mew Choo [8] v ZHOU Mi - A 51:49 game. Zhou Mi was struggling since winning the Korea Open, losing in the 1st round in Birmingham last week and was stretched to 3 games by Maria Kristin in the previous round. Based on the form, Wong should prevail in 3 thrilling games.

5:15PM MD CHOONG Tan Fook/LEE Wan Wah [4] v Lars PAASKE/Jonas RASMUSSEN - It should be a 50:50 game but based on the "trend", MAS uncles are supposed to lose in early round after entering SF in the previous tourney.:D

6:00PM MS Sairul Amar AYOB v WONG Choong Hann - Wong Sifu is so motivated to qualify for his 3rd OG.

6:00PM MD Zakry ABDUL LATIF/Fairuzizuan TAZARI v KOO Kien Keat/TAN Boon Heong [3] - A 45:55 game and Koo/Tan should win.

6:45PM WS XU Huaiwen [7] v WONG Pei Xian Julia - Xu has been consistent lately and she should win.

6:45PM MD ONG Soon Hock/TAN Bin Shen v Alvent Yulianto CHANDRA/Luluk HADIYANTO [8] - A 45:55 game with the INA pair having the slight edge.

8:15PM MS Dicky PALYAMA v LEE Chong Wei [2] - Lee should take it.

Note: Malaysia is 7 hours ahead of Basel, Switzerland.

8. anfan2000

anfan2000 Regular Member

PROGRAMMER
    How about predict for match dark horse NGUYEN (VN) vs Ronald Susilo(SIN) ?
    please anyone analyze details for 2 these players.

9. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    I fel this match btw ronald vs nguyen might be 50 50 i also not sure cos i've not seen suslilo playing for awhile...

10. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    i think nguyen tien minh will win it..

11. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
  12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Nguyen to win. He's super dark horse now if you had seen how he took out LHI.LHI was quite lost.

13. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Taufik vs Anup: (55-45)
    On paper, Taufik has the upper hand but Anup is another dark horse. If Taufik has an off day, Anup could steal this win.

Nguen vs Susilo: (51-49)
    This is a well balanced match. The viet did very well to dispose LHI but Susilo is no easy meat. I predict a marathon match and hopefully Susilo will sustain his fitness (he has not been playing much lately).

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

all the best to malaysia badminton team in the 2nd round 2day..!
    MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!

15. indra

indra Regular Member

what time does the match begin ? (Jakarta's time)

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

For which one??..

Today's matches should commence in abt 3 hrs..beginning @ 12 pm local time..
    Taufik will be on @ around 2:15 am Jkt time..hope you can stay awake..;)

17. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    i think i've watch nguyen vs susilo in s'pore open b4 if i m nt wrong the match was so full of rallies walau i remember that match i watch like as if they r having normal training:D faint men:D

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

*LOL* Yes, both are defensive players, particularly Susilo. That's why I am concerned with his fitness and endurance, and if he could sustain, I sincerely hope he will advance to the next round :)

19. .:Luân Kid:.

.:Luân Kid:. Regular Member

Nguyen can oppose to korean's style..u know...more reaction.But Susilo , he has a different style , Nguyen has a lot of thing to do this match.

20. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Anup vs Taufik will be the scenario like Sakamoto/Ikeda vs Koo/Tan.. A nitemare for the popular players :eek: ;)