Tai Tzu Ying ( 戴資穎 )

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Professional Players' started by limsy, Jun 19, 2010.

1. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

2. esppy

esppy Regular Member

You're late to the news. Very super uber late.

She chose to help Taiwan fight for the Universiade Games as compared to the World Champs, as both events overlapped.

http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/bad...will-skip-world-meet-for-universiade-at-home/

3. visor

visor Regular Member

From her Instagram, is that due to lighting or is that right arm monstrous compared to the left?! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

4. visor

visor Regular Member

#744 visor, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

There might be a bit of lighting and perspective involved, but that thing is huge! The arm that is.

And does anyone remember that sensational music video for "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

How I loved those good old MTV days...

The new kit design doesn't blow me away though. And I wonder already if that TK Falcon really will make her drop her beloved TK7000S.

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

And speaking of the old days.. :)

yf19-sama likes this.
  7. yf19-sama

yf19-sama Regular Member

MRWSCF
    Remember the Rio shoes issue?
    It seems to me not only her feet got length imbalance but her arm too, one being noticeably longer than the other.
    I wonder what is their training routine during the resting period.

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Nah the arms arent different lengths, her shoulders arent at the same height plus her left hamd's fingers are slightly curled, giving tje appearance of a shorter limb...there is a noticeable size difference though

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hm... I'm a bit disappointed. There is literally zero new information in there apart from a simple and very rough summary of her carreer.

Here, let me add a picture of her eating a minion with new haircut and in a fancy dress:
    20638268_1409738479073335_1078457324926679523_n.jpg

visor likes this.
  10. EFxSimple

EFxSimple Regular Member

I have a friend who might have the same issue , how do you really fix this arm imbalance ?

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    My only suggestion would be going to the gym and building the same muscle groups on the non-dominant side. Can't really fix that kind of imbalance because it's muscles built up and refined over the course of years of repetitive movement.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

12. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    If she's been using that massive racquet behind her, no wonder she's got a massive right arm! lol

13. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

But at what tension!?

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

After winning the gold medal in the mixed team event, TTY just cruised to the Universiade gold medal in singles against Lee Jang Mi from Korea (currently WR #23 in WS). Score: 21-9, 21-13.

21167828_1430639203649929_7741627249782341049_o.jpg

Guess she could have played half of the matches with her left and still had a chance to win. :confused:

So looking forward to see her back against the big guns in the upcoming Korea Open. Despite the sensational final that we have seen, TTY was clearly missing at the WC in Glasgow.

#754 s_mair, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Hazeef likes this.
  15. Hazeef

Hazeef Regular Member

Student
    The shirt looks awesome!

Her presence was surely missed. At least by me. Hopefully she will still be in her best in 2018 Nanjing WC.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Oh boy... not sure if she should leave her hair styling to a professional... :confused:

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Tai Tzu Ying is inconsistent again, suffering her third consecutive defeats to three different opponents in as many tournaments in less than a year. Her reign is short-lived.

WS is an open field , has been for quite some time and still is, with one or the other WS temporarily ruling briefly, not even for a year.

I think Li Xuerui's reign is more convincing and consistent except her hiccups at the majors. Her winning streak which GC pointed out a number of times was phenomenal, the longest in WS, 34 out of 35 matches. CMIIW. Or was it 31 out of 32 ?

18. Master

Master Regular Member

Tai Tzu Ying playing Mixed Double, partnering with Wang Tzu Wei at Jeunesse Cup International All-Star 2017

19. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Well, actually TTY's winning streak is 27, it is 1 or 2 tournaments behind from the number that you mentioned of LX's

Addition: I just checked LX's matches and actually her winning streak is 'only' 30 matches (in 2012) and it includes German GPG, Asian mixed team and Uber cup tournaments (which the opponent is usually easier than SS). TTY's streak spans with more SS/SSP and SSF, only Sudirman cup also included here with kinda lighter opponent. In fact, if she had not lost that last group match agains Sung Ji Hyun in SSF (one can argue it is because the group structure allow leniency to lose, and she still won the SSF anyway), the streak would span back to Hong Kong Open SS and become 35!!!

#759 stanleyfm, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Still. let us not forget the young Li Xuerui began her spectacular winning streak just two years into her pro circuit career after graduating from the junior circuit as is the norm for almost all CHN players, unlike TTY who is a child prodigy. As such, early on in LXR's rise she was not ranked high enough to play only in the Superseries events.

Similarly, in fact, if not for her unexpected ( and inexplicable) three-setter defeat to Saina Nehwal in the INA Open just before the LOG'12, her winning streak record would've been even more impressive, so much so that for capturing the Olympic gold to cap her fairytale run to the top and winning her eighth title in 2012 upon taking the year-ending SSF, the renowned sport writer, Dev Sukumar, actually wrote a piece on her, titled, Li Xuerui: a great at 21 ? https://www.sportskeeda.com/badminton/li-xuerui-a-great-at-21 !

To quote from that article: When Li Xuerui won the season-ending BWF World Superseries Finals on Sunday, she had won, astonishingly, her eighth title of 2012. The Chinese girl stood head and shoulders above the competition, in a Lin Dan-esque space and on the way to becoming a legend of world badminton.

To anoint someone as a legend when she is just in her third year of Superseries badminton might seem premature, but if Li continues the way she is going, there is no doubt that she will challenge every record. Consider the statistics: 56 wins out of 65 matches; a sequence of 30 wins from February to July – until she was beaten by Saina Nehwal in the Indonesia Open final; and then again another unbeaten sequence of 15 wins, culminating in the World Superseries Finals – one of the few titles she has not won.