Taufik Hidayat's Attitude and Opinion about the All England

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by repentedboy, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julianng

julianng Regular Member

It's because Taufik is way better looking than Lin Dan man.... and also his shots forehand, backhand , net etc. all seem more natural and entertaining compared to the former.

No offence to LD, but I think this criteria counts as well towards qualifying one to be considered as a great player.

2. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

yup..agree with you..it makes me laugh...beating LCW and Lindan in route of winning the WC 2005 (both in straight games OLD SCORING SYSTEM) and then beat BCL, LCW and Lin Dan again in route of WINNING the Asian Games 2006 (i think BCL stretched him to 3 sets in the QF - NEW SCORING SYSTEM) and even Taufik admitted at that time, that the new scoring system doesnt suit his style of play..yet he still delivered - if you think all of these titles were flukes...then i have nothing to say..

Oh yeah..i forgot..on the top of that - he won 2 Thomas Cup and AN OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL :)

cmon man be real with how you categorized great players and the facts (no offence to LCW and PG as i admired them as well)...have either LCW or PG won World Championship, Olympic Gold and Thomas Cup??

i admitted LD is a legend, possibly the most completed single player in the history of badminton....and i never criticize that point...but cmon man..leave Taufik alone..as he is definetely one of the MS and badminton player in the histroy of badminton too....

3. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

OPSS correction i was meant to support you "chance"...i was meant to comment on the baizhen's earlier post...

MY aplogy :)

4. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Only can happened 1 - 2 times in his career. Not more than that. Lin Dan can do it, at least 4 times. TC '10, Korea '11, AE '12, OG '12
    Don't forget, Lin Dan beat Taufik twice in team events. As a result, TH never won the team event title when he was INA MS 1 until he retired :p.
    If I remember correctly, Lin Dan also doesn't like the NSS. Btw, in Old Scoring System, TH only can win 15 titles from 1998 - 2006. :p not so brilliant :p
    2 Thomas Cup, but only as INA MS 2, not MS 1. And in TC 2002, he lost to Lee Tsuen Seng. Surely, he is not deserved the title. For MS 2, BCL even more spectacular, win 3 TC titles without losing a single match. Not to mention Lin Dan as MS 1 and won 4 TC titles :p

#104 Fortune, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  5. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Be negative like always ... mmmppffff

Like it or not his achievements will always put his among the greatest of all time. Despite his loose his winning tell us that he's a champion. Whatever you try to point at his failed, his succes will always shine and bright. If you always see only the failure rather than the succes then the problem is in your own self.

6. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    His team mates also wants the titles, and not only Lin Dan. And also, senior players likes XXZ and Chen Hong still there. AE 2005 was one of the example that no team help for L D. End of word, L D doesn't need any help from team mates to win many titles. :p
    Come to SS means start from 2007, right ? As long as I remembered, it was L D team mates, and not L D, that really need helps from other CHN MS players to qualify to OG / WC, so where is the logic that the other CHN MS players helps Lin Dan most of the times to win SS titles ?

#106 Fortune, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  7. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Taufik is more handsome than Lin Dan laaaa... haiyaaa

like it or not... the fans look up to their sports heroes this way.

8. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    I don't like the idea that Lin Dan need help from his team mates to win tittles either. Without his team mates I'm sure he could and has proving us that he deserve his tittles.

9. Footwork_816

Footwork_816 Regular Member

I thought you were trying to prove Taufik isn't a great player? Not that he is worse than Lin Dan. I agree that Lin Dan is a better player than Taufik and arguably the greatest player badminton has ever seen. Now if you are saying to be a great player you have to be as good as Lin Dan...well then I don't what to say :p

10. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Have you seen his posting in the thread about Susy then ????

11. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    why that guy is still live?

12. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    No one says you have to be as good as Lin Dan in order to be Great Player. If that's how you interpret people's assessment of Taufik's current status, so be it.

If Taufik is that great, why cant he win regularly then? Even at his peak (2004-2005), he could only manage three titles (be it major or Super Series) per year ? Come on man, that's not that amazing so to speak. After that peak period, he has not been delivering results and I could only remember Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei both giving him a regular taste of defeat each time they face off.

That's all I can remember. Still doubt Lin Dan's greatness ? Then wait till you see he win the next Asian Games to shut every doubter up completely.

Well even if he never win regardless, his achievements are better than Taufik any day.

As for Lee Chong Wei, his title count is more than Taufik.

13. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

the real Q is, who is the greater player? taufik or LCW? ;)

14. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

taufik - pros - OG, 2 x AG, WC, TC
    lcw - pro's - far more titles, 2 x AE, far, far longer time at world no.1, superior H2H

so who is the greater? ;)

15. repentedboy

student la
    I would say Lee Chong Wei (like duh..) for his outstanding achievements in the Super Series era since 2007 and overall he is the player with the most number of Super Series titles to date; an era which badminton is beginning to gain better publicity due to better sponsorships and organisations. What could have been the best time to excel when the sports' reputation and fame is at its highest level?

In Super Series, Taufik Hidayat has never shined and get noticed. His lacklustre performance and numerous unwarranted losses to unheralded opponents do not add up to his good numbers. Bear in mind Lee Chong Wei is slightly younger than Taufik but yet Lee Chong Wei could still outperform Taufik ever since the Super Series era.

Major titles: Superficially, Lee Chong Wei only has All England to begin and end with whereas Taufik Hidayat's is more decorated than his. HOWEVER, you must do an overall assessment. Lee Chong Wei is still good and consistent enough to reach the final of every major tournament to live up to his top seeding whereas Taufik has won those titles once and then never really showed/justified those achievements.

The Olympics is the best example to highlight Taufik's poor justification.

16. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Yes we must do overall assasement and that means we should not ignore his achievements before the super series era when before Lin Dan, Bao Chunlai, Lee Chong Wei and Chen Jin emerged to the top he must deal with others good players like Xia Xuanze, Chen Hong, Hendrawan, Peter Gade in his prime. In Super Series he at least has 1 tittle and several runners up. You just like our other friend who judge players by they failed not by their achievements.

Lin Dan definetely is the best. While Taufik, Lee Chong Wei and Peter Gade are among the greatest.

17. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

Dearest Fortune and Repentedboy,

I dare you to come to Indonesia :p

18. repentedboy

student la
    Why should I bother? I rather enjoy watching badminton in a ''civilised'' environment without all these anti-China boos and monkey screaming.

19. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

hey ...just so you know...im indonesian chinese my self...so i can understand what ANTI CHINESE meant in indonesia..coz i was born there..

dont talk when you dont know any sxxx about anything in Indo.....

monkey screaming. = are u a racist?

Let the Moderator decide..of what you said...

hahahahhaha...somebody is really PISSEDDDDDDD :cool:

20. repentedboy

student la
    Those screams, jeers and boos directed at Chinese players whoever they play are definitely racially motivated, sinophobic and uncivilised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.