Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Tension/stiffness correlation??

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by macatawa, Aug 2, 2009.

1. macatawa

macatawa Regular Member

Jul 16, 2009
    In the past month I have been studying the technical aspect of the racquet dynamic:

1. There is a good base of knowledge here regarding the best racquet "stiffness"...

2. The issues of string type/tension are thorougly discussed here and also seem clear to me.

I have need to understand how the two components interact - that is to say what combination of stiffness and string tension will yield favorable results. Perhaps I am running into a dark corner here but I feel there are some correlations that a student and hopeful skilled player can use in racquet/string tension combinations.

Example: I have an Artery TEC TI 99 that I love but is a bit difficult for me at present. I am thinking the racquet is a touch too stiff for ease of use/performance because of my inexperience in technique.

I also have a medium flex Super Nano 7 that seems a bit too "spongy" ... easier to use and more productive general racquer work but control at the net is more difficult.

Both racquets are strung with BG-80 at 24#

The Million Dollar Question :D...

Can I tune each racquet to a more user friendly weapon by:
    1. Reducing string tension a couple pounds in the ARTec Ti.
    2. Increasing the string tension in the S'Nano by a couple pounds.

Am I loosing my mind here??:confused: