Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

terms for grips

Discussion in 'Grip' started by aznese, Jun 6, 2013.

1. aznese

aznese Regular Member

None
    i dont understand what the term tacky is used for, is it good for dry hands, and etc for grips, do you want to absorb sweat if your hands sweat a lot? Can you guys help?

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I think it is used when you choose a tacky colour like white or neon colours. Now neon is just awesome, don't care what people say :p but white ... white is just tacky :rolleyes: (and pink of course not too forget).

(bait set : D)

#2 demolidor, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  3. swunk

swunk Regular Member

tacky means it has a sticky feel. it doesn't mean that it doesn't absorb sweat. they all do. It all comes down to your preference. If your hands sweat a lot, then you might consider using a towel grip. If they dont sweat much, then you should choose some overgrip, they basically divide into tacky (sticky) feel and dry feel. Dry feel can be a little bit different too, for example, "babolat pro team" has a velvety feel, while "babolat vs grip original" has chalk-y feel.
    I myself prefer tacky feel. You should try yourself several types and choose which suits you most.

4. aznese

aznese Regular Member

None
    Are towels tacky?

5. VictorP

VictorP Regular Member

Student
    Tacky is sticky. Towel grips are not tacky.