Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

The Hi-Vis factor

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TartanSparkle, Oct 7, 2002.

1. TartanSparkle

TartanSparkle Regular Member

Student
    I was just wondering if anyone here at the fourm has used the Carlton 'Hi-Vis' shuttle? You know.....the funky luminous yellow colour ones that are 20% brighter than the traditional white shuttle.

Does it make a difference to playing? Are they actually easier to see whilst playing or harder?

2. modious

modious Regular Member

I've used Finnex Yellow First Grade feather shuttles before.

It does not really make much of a difference really. Maybe just a little. I think it also depends on the environment that you're playing in.

3. jsevalle

jsevalle Regular Member

student
    I've used an AG-10 Hi-Vis, well it's still the same AG-10 but it's yellow, however when you're playing in a place where white is difficult to see (i.e a white place) these shuttles are the ones to use. Well, at some point they are easier to see, but i can be also harder to play if you're not used to it.

4. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    completely depends on the environment you are playing in. For example, one of the gym I play at has wood-trim background and the walls are painted yellow. Something like the Hi-Vis would blend into a background like that :D .