Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

To Be Or Not To Be?

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by blackfeather, Aug 20, 2008.

1. blackfeather

blackfeather Regular Member

Hi guys, I just recently come back to sydney after 6 years living in china, b4 leaving china, a badminton coach(former chinese national team player) asked me to organise a tour for him to visit australia, i.e. i pay his airfares, accomodation, and maybe let him make a few extra bucks during his staying in sydney. in return he can coach students here, he can stay in aus for 3 months (touch down visa)

i dont really what to do now, as it seems to be very hard to organise it for him, i can pay his airfares no problems, but getting people enrolling his class is really hard... should i just tell him that it is mission impossible?

tell me what you guys think, thanks !

2. VinnieTsoi

VinnieTsoi Regular Member

how much wil he charge? and does he speak english? i know someone wants to get a coach but they perfered english.

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You're in Melbourne and blackfeather is in Sydney so it is unlikely he'll come to Melbourne.

4. VinnieTsoi

VinnieTsoi Regular Member

opps .. i meant i got some friends in sydney they play badminton as well...

5. blackfeather

i dont know man, if its in a group it might be a lot cheaper, he charges only 100 yuan (100/6=16 aus dollar) an hour back in china when a guy like him with national team background should be charging like at least 150 an hour (200/hour should be the standard rate) , i guess its gonna be like $25 dollar an hour, plus the court booking fee, if there are a few people interested, then its gonna be $10 each?

he doesnt speak english well, so i will be the interpretor, free of charge, so you get one assitant trainer for free as well.. hehe..

he is coming to sydney for fun, and i am not into making money, so the rate is cheap, i hope to get enough people enrolled, thanks!

6. gary.lim

gary.lim Regular Member

IT
    I would be interested in something like that.. It's a rare opportunity.

7. blackfeather

ok, guys, if you are interested, please pm me or post here your preferred time, location, duration, group/single to play, in the mean time i will get in touch with mq uni, uts, uni of syd, unsw clubs to see if they are interested.. when i was a student at unsw, i remember there was a coach teaching at the club, does anyone know whether there is any coach still teaching there? thanks

8. gary.lim

gary.lim Regular Member

IT
    I think Olympic Park is the best location. Best time for me would be weekday evenings or Sunday/Monday days. I'd like to do 2-3 sessions of 1 hr, solo at the moment unless I find others interested.