Trainer Racket - effektive?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by BadBadmintonPlayer, Mar 25, 2017.

1. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

Hi

I just wonder if a Trainer Racket (>120g) makes sense? Im 1,80m with 70kg and play normally with Yonex U4-Rackets. I want to train "everything" as effectively as possible.

What do you think? 120g, 135g, 150g? Im happy about all opinions.

2. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Some coaches have their teenage juniors use squash rackets for training. If you don't have a squash racket, you may consider a trainer. Probably a good idea to try the different choices out to see if it's too heavy for you.

3. phihag

phihag Regular Member

Personally, I find that I notice all the incorrect superfluous loops and extra movements I make. In addition, with a very heavy training racket, I can't hit as far. That sucks against a good training partner (especially if I tricked them into training under the guise of a half court singles or so). But when the only one willing to train is a beginner, it may actually be an advantage. Plus, it's a lot of fun for beginners (especially kids) to see their coaches limited by a very heavy racket.

However, I am very aware of the movements I want to make, since it feels like - at least as my level - the injury risk is quite high when just playing with such a heavy racket.