Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

training partner / coach

Discussion in 'UK' started by Welshdragon, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Welshdragon

Welshdragon Regular Member

Hey everyone,

Firstly a simple introduction,

I'm Mike, 22 from cwmbran, South wales UK. Looking to start taking badminton very serioulsy just hope i havent left it too late.

Play for a club in lantarnam on a sunday and monday, a cwmbran club on a tuesday and a cardiff club on a wednesday. Im in the B side at lantarnam and find that i dont get enough games in there and no actual practice at all. Other 2 clubs are more a social level where i just try to push myself as much as i can.

Im looking for a training partner who would mind helping out someone who trying to become the best he can be (god that sounded cheesy [​IMG] )

I dont mind a bit of travel cwmbran, newport or cardiff somewhere around there.

Would also like a coach. I dont want to keep on playing thinking what im doing is right, if its not.

Looking to play tournaments everything i can get into the better.

Any suggestions guys and gals would be gratefully recieved.

I would say im a 'ok player. i havent really played a tournament to judge myself. playing in the clubs i dont like to judge myself as playing with a different partner every week seems impossible to get a routine going with the person in the 5minute warm up.

So anything you might find helpful please contact me asap

Many thanks all

[​IMG]

2. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Hiya Mike~! I'm currently at Cardiff University. I'd be glad to be a training partner if you can attend badminton socials at my uni on Wednesday 1pm - 5pm and Sunday 2pm - 6pm. Drop me a note if you do ever wanna come by. Hope to meet up sometime soon, this Sunday perhaps?

3. Welshdragon

Welshdragon Regular Member

Both them days and times might be a bit difficult, i'll see what i can do.

4. GJL1690

GJL1690 New Member

Hi Mike,

I am Gary 35 , play once or twice a week to a decent standard ( I think :confused:), regular partner lost to injury looking for someone to stretch me.

I normally play in Cardiff Sophia Gardens, pretty flexible on days and time.

Drop me a line if interested.

Cheers

Gary