Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Transition from Yonex =>Clone

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Robbie, Mar 1, 2001.

1. Robbie

Robbie Guest

With so many of you slagging off main brands like Yonex and Carlton for over charging. I was wondering if any you great players could recommend me a clone which plays just as well, eg Winex, Yang Yang etc. I've always played with Yonex rackets and currently owned an Aerotus110 which I had for 5 years without breaking it!! So I thought it will make a change to switch to a new racket which may or may not change my game. Judging by all the threads I've read I am looking for something similar to the Swing Power SR/SA. I play mainly doubles, like to attack but have a weak smash. I don't mind if it's a Square or oval head even though I probably used to the traditional oval but don't mind the transition.

Also a friend of mine will be going to Hong Kong pretty soon and if any you guys could recommend me a dealer, it would be greatly apprieciated.

2. Thomas

Thomas Guest

I'm not sure whether chaging from a original product to a clone will be a good idea unless budget is an issue. But if you want to, you may want to give Yang Yang SSP900 a try, at less than half the price of Yonex SP900. It's flex is similar to SR/SA. I've one eventhough I don't use it as my main racket now. I find SX/SS suits me better but Yang Yang doesn't has such flex.