Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

twisted ankle

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by riz125, May 4, 2008.

1. riz125

riz125 Regular Member

Student
    twisted my ankle yestrday while playing badminton and boy ohh boy does it hurts or wat!!!!!!!!!!!!! do u knw how long should i b out for :mad: + any cure suggesttion for it :confused:

2. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

E-commerce content co-ordinator
    hehe - sprain /twisted ankle is incredibly painful - fortunately bark is worse than it's bite - keep it elevated and get some ice on it... give it a day or so or the swelling to go down, then start doing range of motion exercise - e.g. doing a full circle with your big toe. get it strapped up a bit if you have to walk on it in the first week.. you should be back in a week or so..

3. riz125

riz125 Regular Member

Student
    wicked cheers mate seriously the staffs you said givin me a lil hope for real : )

4. mandakayy

mandakayy New Member

student
    Do Not Get Back On The Horse!

i made that mistake.

i sprained my ankle really badly the first time. i heard a pop and everything. it swelled quite a bit. i made the mistake of playing 3 days after it happened because i didnt want my doubles partner to get upset and loose. and i had my last dance competition and performed on it as well... another big mistake

the trainers at my school yelled at me... so i sat out for the next week.
    then a week after i sprained my ankle before... i did it again.
    this time no pop though. but just as painful. it was during confrence and it was my first match.

so i went to the doctor just so i could get a note for PE to be excused.
    and they took Xrays... and sure enough i have a stress fracture in my ankle. along with a very bad sprain.

im stuck in this big orthopedic boot for 4-6 weeks.
    no PE, no activities and i have to use crutches for the first week.

so i advise you NOT to play right away.
    do ankle excersizes and keep it rested for atleast 3-4 weeks.:(

5. riz125

riz125 Regular Member

Student
    cheers man i suppose if pos ill try to get it check with the docs jus incase

6. kubuk

kubuk Regular Member

Student
    I didn't go for any medical treament when I got my ankle twisted like almost a year ago. It lasted for about 2 months although I still play badminton almost everyday. Every night before I sleep, I would give myself a message around the tendon. Reduce lunges and jumps. That would help. Try to put on ankle support when you play or even at home.