United Badminton Club, Fremont, CA

Discussion in 'United Badminton Club ( UBC )' started by dailybads, Oct 4, 2004.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    before April, they said in the FAQ:

When are you going to open for business?

Actual date has not been set yet, but we are anticipating sometime before April 2005. Avid badminton players are encouraged to visit us online periodically as we will not only update the on-going events with the club, but will also offer promotional or FREE guest passes to try out the gym.

2. ubcfremont

ubcfremont Regular Member

Grand Opening!

Hi BFers,
    Based on current schedule, the GRAND OPENING day will be:
    APRIL 9th 2005*
    A selected number of FREE guest passes will be mail out 2 weeks before the opening day. Please check your mailbox.

UBC Fremont

* subject to change, please check your guest pass package for confirmation.

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Do you know who I am?

In Bay Area, Han is almost as famous as Janet and Kwun and I am yet to receive any invitation :crying:
    That says a lot about this managemanet :D

4. ubcfremont

Han,
    Rest assure that your name is on the top 5 list!:)

UBC Fremont

5. nas88

nas88 Regular Member

Wow..I just drove by the future site of this new gym few days ago. It looks awesome from the outside. Location is perfect. Right next to the new Costco and Fremont Automall. Very convenient and safe neighbourhood.

My opinion, UBC is definitely the first of its kind in the Bay Area. Only a few weeks away...can't wait..

6. krantikt

krantikt Regular Member

where are those passes I say :)

Eagerly waiting to check this place out.

7. monto

monto Regular Member

Wow that sounds fantastic--I never realized the location was so optimal next to the 880 exit. I visit Costco/Lowe's and nearby Home Depot, as well as the Newpark Mall, almost weekly and there are always so many shoppers filling up the parking lots, so UBC is sure to get much traffic. And for those hungry before/after playing, there's a pretty good dim-sum restaurant a few blocks down the road in Fu Lam Moon. If I remember, I'll take my digital camera next time I pass by and get some outside shots for fellow BFers :)

If ubc reads this, he might want to ask his web design folks to enlarge that center content panel on the website. It seems too small/short at the moment and every page requires scrolling down to read much of anything.

8. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Free food?

I am sure Janet and Kwun would like to know any free cocktail during open ceremony/invitation session, at least for the top 5 members of the invitation list?

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Han, you get to play free badminton and now you ask for free food as well?

free badminton will keep me full. :)

10. monto

monto Regular Member

Just checked out the facilities myself. The building looks really professional, adjacent to Costco and next door to a Fremont Pediatric Medical Facility. The only slight inconvenience in terms of driving was the absence of a driveway when exiting the facilities, where you have to make a U-turn to get back onto the road. It reminded me of Bintang in that if you go from eastbound on 237, you also have to make a U-turn to get onto the appropriate road.

I drove around, but didn't bother taking any pictures yet, seeing how construction was still under way. I was hoping to check out the 4 layer specialized flooring, but found concrete and construction material instead (along with a portable basketball hoop--for the laborers? :)).

Can't wait for the grand opening :D

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's why it is behind schedule, now i understand...... ;)

12. nas88

nas88 Regular Member

oh they hv a neat looking 3d animation of the facility, go check it out on the 'facilities' section!!!

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i was in that area today. so i drove by to take a look at the building. yes. what an awesome location. all they need is to put up a big banner at the side of the building and loads and loads of shopper at Lowes, etc, will be able to see it. i didn't go inside but i did see a few cars parked at the entrance, must be the owners there getting ready for the grand opening in less than 3 weeks.

14. Lefty

Lefty Regular Member

Sales
    Just checked out the 3D animation, it looks like there will be 2 courts that has a pole right behind it just like Bintang.

I hope that doesn't create too many problem while playing.

My work place is 5min drive from it, if the flooring is good there, I will able to go play there everyday during lunch time. That'll be crazy. I hope there will be some material under the floor mat to have enough cushion for hard training and playing.

15. lbasa@jnjph.jnj

lbasa@jnjph.jnj New Member

Supply Manager
    Good news

Greetings!

I am from Manila Philippines and we will be moving soon to Union City California...well we love playing badminton with my husband and as early as now am trying to look for a place thats near in our house.

am happy to know that there is one in Fremont.;)

looking forward to see the place

16. Sixty40

Sixty40 Regular Member

Can't wait

sounds great. Everyone in the bay area is looking for a nice soft floor to play high level badminton on. the floor is what will attract players most!

jim

17. ubcfremont

Grand Opening Day Postponed!

We regret to inform all BFers and badminton fans that our gym would not be ready for operation due to circumstances beyond our control. We will keep everyone posted on the opening day but will continue to send out free guest passes/invitations to a handful of BFers between now and the opening day to test out the facility. We hope you understand and we will do our best to keep things working soon.

Sincerely,

UBC Fremont

18. mnanchala

mnanchala Regular Member

Engineer
    I think I should move back to the Bay Area :crying:

I miss the weather, 3 days @ Thomas Hart, that shop on S. Mary Ave..... and now this new place.

19. Sixty40

Sixty40 Regular Member

wait

its well worth the wait for things to be done right. I've seen many baddie clubs rush floors and sacrafice the cushion. I think we all rather wait a couple weeks rather than playing on another hard warehouse floor with some mats and some non-functional cushion. I really cant wait for UBC to open up because the "IBF conditions" should prove to be very well cushioned and well lit. Hopefully UBC will be a club set apart from the others.

Keep us updated UBC Fremont!!!!!!

best regards and good luck,
    jim

20. lilkaryee

lilkaryee Regular Member

So the floors are the reason iUBC's behind schedule?

Jim, you sound like an insider!!! :eek: How would you know that the "conditions beyond our control" == flooring? :D And the UBC website only mentions "IBF approved badminton floor mats", not that the entire flooring system is IBF approved, as in the Taraflex or Robbins flooring systems. The floor mats themselves are extremely thin (< 0.3 mm). And no mention of the lighting either on the website. Perhaps those need to be updated on the website, or they are actually not IBF approved? Please clarify, since you seem to know quite a bit. Thank you!