Unprofessional Datuk Lee

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by pralinescream, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Right, I think it takes a nut to belittle LCW's achievements.

but I think the poster was just pointing to a fact people conveniently overlooked such is their bias.You can build up a profile of each poster and after some time know their agenda.
    All they want is to put up a sign here saying " this thread is exclusively for Bolehan Malaysians, trespassers or anyone different will be branded traitors and will be shot and eaten".

I think LCW was toying with Taufik and CL, you could call it show-boating or arrogance.But it sends out a clear message,"come and get me".
    I think it is good for LCW to be like that instead of keeping his head low all the time and being too embarassed to stand on the victor's podium. i also pity Taufik, people will remember him as some fall guy and probably forget his past.
    I think all these posts about LCW legend are really boring, dont we know it all already, not necessary to repeat.
    Let's just say no one is perfect.

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Did BWF do something on LYB when he admitted to fix the match between Zhang Ning and Zhou Mi?
    In AE, It was obvious that LD purposely lost to CJ as well as Asia Champion ships 2008...did BWF do something about it? U did not bitch because it is chinese players..
    Before you bitch about this...bitch about chinese players first..even in HKG Open recently , yuyang/WXL against PP/Qian as wellas WX vs WSX...

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Post #41.
    I remember you are the one who said that we shouldn't use these two words : "boleh" and "jia you" but I see that you are the most frequent user after that guy who uses pink fonts.

On another note, someone said Prakash said he could beat Hartono 15-0 in the second set of some tournament but he didn't because Hartono was his idol.

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The mods deleted some of the posts.

5. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Not that LCW wasn't totally comfortable and playing exceptionally well... but it was pretty good acting. He certainly didn't just give points away. A lot of those points he was really forced to stretch. Perhaps he relaxed a tiny bit. But he didn't hand the points to Taufik on a silver platter. The second set was very enjoyable and it's pretty obvious that Taufik really raised his game too. In the first he just looked totally out of it... Anyway I enjoyed most of the second game, so regardless of what happened... big deal. It doesn't change the match result.

6. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    LCW knows TH's strengths and play to TH's strength. So he gets into sticky situations, like send a loose lift on TH backhand. The crowd loves the both players just dancing around the court...

Nothing is worst than the "exhibition" matches they are only nice to watch if one of the pair decide to give it all other than that it is just fooling around...

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    To compete is to strive against another or others to attain a goal (victory)

Probably pralinescream has a different way of looking at competition that players are competing against each other.

I have checked the dictionary. To compete is to strive against another or others to attain a goal, such as a victory.

LCW has won. End of story.

If anyone has been betting on the scores, then perhaps they can bitch about it. :p:p:p

8. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

if so is true, den supposed nothing wrong when Li Yongbo decides de best way to ensure all 3 China players get to play in the olympics and increasing chances of victory.
    after all, to Team China, only Olympics gold, Asian games gold, Thomas Cup and to a certain extent, World Championships are worthy.

9. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

there is no room for friendship in competitive environment and when u r being paid so much. all frenships, love relationships shld end at the badminton court and continued once u step out from it.
    so it doesn't matter whether datuk and taufik sleep together even...fact is, being professionals dey must perform their best abilities each time.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I don't think the thread starter bet on the score.

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Now we are talking about National Associations?

Now we are talking about National Associations? :confused::confused::confused:

Let us look at things in another way; if runner A wins a race, the race referee cannot punish runner A for not trying to win the race with a BIGGER time difference.

#51 chris-ccc, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    OK, I will let your Datuk know that you are displeased, the next time I meet him. But I am afraid if I tell Taufik all this, he will just laugh to my face and tell me to get a life.

BTW, I can't understand why you address LCW as Datuk but still take every opportunity to run him down. Why don't you just call him "imposter?" Why this inconsistency?

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Maybe you should tell this to some of your CBA buddies as well, eh?

14. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Sooo let me get this straight. Your premise is that LCW eased up at the end of the game for the purpose of 'giving face' to TH? He then said this in an interview after the match? How the hell is that giving face to TH? If that's what he indeed did do then he did the complete opposite of giving face. In fact, laying off and letting your opponet get a few points and then stating publicly afterwards that you did so is something you would never do to an opponent you were friendly with it is a big insult.

Also, on the topic of 'managing' the score. Such a practise is not unheard of in sports. In American foot ball it is considered very unsportsman like to 'run up' the score.

15. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

I can help you with that..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

16. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LOL chill ya... life is tough, try to chill more ya... BOLEH? LOL

17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    LYB is laughing at you now...LOL

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I am against sports betting

Actually I am against sports betting. :):):)

Why? Because sports betting can destroy the true outcome of the result if/when players and betters get to collude,

19. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

I agree with thunder. Doing that will make TH looks pathetic and disrespecting him. It's as if saying to him indirectly that he is of no match at all and can only score if LCW let him score. That's looking down at him not giving him face.

IMHO professional players should play their best in tournaments even though opponent is significantly weaker. That is a kind of respect to your opponent, saying "I treat you seriously so I am going to play with my full ability." I am sure your opponent does not want your pity when playing in a match.

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LOL LCW meant good... but the forummers here twisted his good acts... LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.