Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Urgent Advice on Carlton Vapour Trail Tour

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Smithy88, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    Have been wanting one of these but with the fireblades have never been able to justify £100 on a racket.

Though i have been offered one for £60 - is this too good to be true, what are the chances of a Carlton fake?

Its been used, i wasn't sure coz of the strings and grip but its been restrung and had an overgrip put on.

Looking to get the serial number to check. i just want to know how many fake Carltons are out there?

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i personally haven't heard of any fake carlton's, but that's not to say there aren't any.
    i don't think it's worthwhile for them to produce fakes since the volume of carlton sales is quite small.
    so i think you'll be alright.

3. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks, does seem right to me as well just kinda makes you nervous reading this part of the forum.

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Saw a couple of 2nd hand Elite's a few months back in the local classifieds for roughly the same but both with a chip after minor use (by juniors; poor quality paint?). Said to have been bought at stores in Holland that are reliable to my knowledge. So not too unusual a price ...

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Carlton's are often heavily discounted anyway from new & being that it is used it doesn't sound unbelievably priced.