Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Using a table tennis (ping pong) ball instead of a shuttlecock

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by kiwical, Sep 23, 2012.

1. kiwical

kiwical Regular Member

Saw this idea somewhere and thought I would try it out. Just for a fun club night, not for any real training purpose.

Anyone tried it? Does it damage your racquet at all?

2. kaki!

kaki! Regular Member

3. 96382

96382 Regular Member

It is very unlikely to damage your racquet. The ball is very lightweighted and round shaped.
    In fact you could really do a little training routine with some balls as it will improve your adaption abilities, maybe create some kind of overpotential. But not much i guess. Just do it for fun if you like.

4. phili

phili Regular Member

I tried this several times. It is fun because the trajectory of the ball is unpredictable due to its spin. I don't think this will damage your racket at least I've never experienced this.

5. patrick2197

patrick2197 Regular Member

blogger
    I have tried this and the result was very bouncy. It flew high and far and bounced a lot. There was more running than hitting. It is quite fun for a few minutes but after that, it becomes so boring...