Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Victor grip size - how to tell if it's too small for me

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by cunparis, Mar 9, 2007.

1. cunparis

cunparis New Member

System Architect
    I just got a new racket (Victor Prodigy 507), it was selected by a friend, I'm a total beginner only had 3 lessons so far. The grip seems too small to me but I'm used to holding a tennis racket. The grip is 2 but I read that the sizes are different for each brand, I even found one post by searching these forums that said a Victor 2 is equal to Yonex G4. I'm 6'2" so I'm wondering how I can tell if the grip is too small. In tennis it's very bad to have a grip that is too small but for badminton I have no idea what the rules are.

Thanks for any advice.

2. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

use what your comfortable with

3. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    The grip is too small if, when your hand is wrapped around it and you're using proper grip technique, your last two fingers are touching your palm.

A badminton grip will definitely feel small after being used to a tennis one, that's for sure. I use a Victor with grip size 2 with one overgrip on top, so since you have probably large hands, you may want a grip size up but of course, it's all feel.

Ideally, you want to go with teh smallest grip you can play with comfortably as a smaller grip allows for better maneouverabilily.

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    if you're that tall, more than likely you'll have a fairly large hand...
    Westwood mentioned, some good rules of thumb... err fingers in this matter i guess :p

I'm thinking the grip will be too small for you.

A good way to find out, is get a couple rolls of overgrip (so that you can peel them off easily enough), and wrap them up around the handle, and go play a few rallies, adjusting them between games by taking off, or adding on layers to see how they feel in your hand.