Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Victor Zeus Magan SQ 20

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Churchill, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Churchill

Churchill Regular Member

I recently bought one of these off a player at our local club (it was new). I got a great deal on the raquet, and it feels great to play with. I was able to buy it new for $90CAD, the price I saw online was 165 euro, which is close to $270CAD!

[​IMG]

I cannot find much information about it online, since it seems to be a European brand. It has a fairly flexible shaft and the default string tension seemed to be quite a bit lower than my MP-100 which is at 24lbs. I use it for doubles and have so far been fairly impressed with it. The default grip is quite comfortable, with a large raised spiral which makes thumb positioning very automatic. I find smashing with it almost feels better than the MP, it makes a nicer sound too.

Has anyone else seen this raquet around? It is the only one I have seen so far locally, looking for more information, specifically a comparison chart to yonex raquets.

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I think Victor is a Chinese brand. Victor sponsored players such as Chen Hong and Zhao Jian Hua.

3. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Victor is a taiwanese brand. They have different models for Europe and Asia, so we don't see this model here.

Specs for the SQ 20 as follows :

Material : 40T Graphite High Fibre Magan
    Shape : ISO
    Weight : 89-93 gm
    Balance : 295mm
    Flex : Dynamic
    Stringing tension : 8 - 12kg

4. limak

limak Regular Member

Searched Victor Europe web (http://www.victor-sport.de/e_index.htm) and also the 2008 catalogue of Victor Europe, but didn´t find this model. Seems strange to me, maybe some older racket:confused:.

5. Sternschnuppe

Sternschnuppe Regular Member

its a really old racket of victor europe. i played with it many years ago. can't remember the performance, only that i sold it :p