video - LiYongBo abuse Jap 's umpire

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by mikemike, Sep 22, 2006.

1. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    LOL...well apparently some people are ready to go the extra step just for a title/medal.

Sad indeed!

2. wilsontan

wilsontan Regular Member

sportshop retailer / badminton coach
    lyb have to go for moral class
    badminton is a sportman game and not to be have small guys atitude in it .
    disappointed with lyb

3. nibaxiang

nibaxiang Regular Member

@Muddy_Elephant
    Come on, guys. A game is a game. Winning the game is THE top priority. Acting like a crying baby afterwards is meaningless.

BE THE MAN and BEAT THEM IN THE GAME.

(I did not say LYB is a nice guy, right? :p )

4. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Exactly! A game is just a game! Winning is the main objective but it is meaningless if it is achieve through wrong doings (eg. cheating, name calling, unfair tactics). It's just a game so it is really sad if you have to resort to these things.

5. george333

george333 Regular Member

Associate Director
    As the coach, LYB has to ensure the overall success of his team. If what he does and did was that unacceptable, then the IBF should punish him. He knows where the line is and does not cross it for obvious reasons. So as long as the IBF does not do anything than it is legal. I mean, if you can schieve something through some kind of distortion, than go ahead, but you cannot bo ahead and kill someone like Ants suggested.

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

He knows what he did is unacceptable and that's why he choose to say such things in Chinese!!

And, IBF not doing anything doesn't mean it's OK to do such things. There are killers who escape punishment because of lack of evidence. Does that mean killing people is OK as long as you do it secretly?

7. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    This is so sad. Badminton is becoming a low-class game. Players walking out after only 5 minutes into the game, coaches swearing at umpires. Runner-ups walking away from the podium in frustration. This is not good.

8. avieee

avieee Regular Member

Im not saying something good about LYB,but i really cant hear what he said.I dont like him as welllllllll.

9. jiayou

jiayou Regular Member

LYB said something not so polite about that umpire as he went to his chair, the asian comentator pretend dont know nothing, or their maybe didnt understand what LYB said.

Only the 4 asian audience smiled as their heard :)

Anyway.... hope badminton not becoming mouth fighting match in the future :p

VIVA BADMINTON

10. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

But if u guys think the other way, badminton is a popular sport with millions watching this live, Li Yong Bo's action is ruining China's image... I dont really want other ppl thinks the same way about chinese players... As a chinese myself, I definitely want my fellow malay and indian frens to have a good impression about chinese

11. malaysian

malaysian Regular Member

I am fed up with him.

I have never seen a coach behave like him.:mad:

12. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

I heard it, and who ever did the swearing, it wasn't LYB, the person who swore was complaining to someone else, and what was said did not contain a single second person pronoun, in addition, LYB wasn't talking with anyone at the time. Plus the voice didn't sound like his either. It was most likely from someone in the broadcasting crew.

#52 newplayer, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  13. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    it appears to me most of you here believe media sources a lot more than you should. they blow **** up out of nothing.

14. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

Source : Xinhua

MADRID, Sept. 23 (Xinhua) -- World number one Lee Chongwei of Malaysia failed to exorcize the jinx haunting top seeds as he lost to Chinese Bao Chunlai in the quarterfinals of World Badminton Championships on Friday.

The 23-year-old top seed saved one match point before losing out 22-20, 12-21, 21-18.
    Bao, also 23, who never beat Lee in their previous six encounters according to IBF statistics, jumped into air before hugging his coach Zhong Bo in excitement.
    "I found my touch finally after I found a right mindset to play him," Bao said.
    "In our previous meetings, I wanted too much to beat him, and that put me under unnecessary pressure which affected my game.
    "In today's match, I only wanted to go all out to play him, I did not care about the eventual result. What I wanted to do is to play my game, I think this mentality helped me pull off the win," he said.
    While the Chinese were celebrating, a sullen mood was developing inside the Malaysian set-up.
    Lee refused to speak to Chinese reporters citing that a Chinese coach had vilified him in the match.
    "He asked Bao to break my leg, did you hear that?" said Lee who seemed to be very incensed.
    His coach Li Mao, who left the Chinese team for Malaysia after an acrimonious dispute with Chinese head coach Li Yongbo two years ago, emerged into the mixed zone with a more furious mood.
    "Don't speak too much to them, leave now," he yelled at Lee who was finally persuaded to talk.
    After the Chinese coaches and players strongly denied that they had humiliated Lee in the match, the Malaysian said: "I don't mean he said here, he did say that in the Hong Kong Open."
    "I thought I was also jinxed, as in my memory no players have won the World Championships as the top seed.
    "I should have won the match in straight games, in the first game I led by 20-18, but he miraculously saved two game points and won by 22-20. "He played better than me, I became a little nervous in the latter stage of the match, and some linesmen's calls also upset me," he said.

p/s :Sorry moderators, I know this issue should come to an end and I have no intention to bring it up again but I just want to share the reports from China's media to be fair to LYB.

15. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    just like the article about LYB saying his impression of LCW changed when LCW said to malaysian reporters after MO, that LD was the player he does not respect.

yet our fellow malaysian BCers said that heard no such comment made by LCW.

it could be the chinese media putting words into lyb's mouth, it could be the malaysian media not reporting what LCW said(not that likely because media usually can't resist the chance to cause uproar), or it could be a result of a little rephrasing, a little exaggeration, or simply concocted falsehood.

all these hoo ha are actually no big deal, reporters flock to players after every match, hoping they will say something wrong (especially after being physically and mentally exhuasted ) so that they can publish the news and cause some uproar. i just want to say that the integrity of these published contents itself are usually very much questioned.

#55 DivingBirdie, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  16. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

Here is my impression of LCW:

:crying::crying::crying: Mummy! I couldn't concentrate because I thought he was mean to me 2 months ago! It's not my fault that I messed up! :crying::crying::crying:

Seriously, LCW should grow up and be a man.

Oh, btw, Xinhua reported what LCW said, which may or may not be what actually happened.

17. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Look, if LYB was abusing the Japanese umpire, surely the umpire would have red-carded LYB there and then and have him sent out from the hall. If LYB shouted abuses at LCW, loud enough for him to hear it, surely many people, including all the Malaysian coaches, would have heard it. Why didn't the Malaysian coaches jump out from their seats and confront LYB, and for good measure throw back some even abusive words at him? If they did, perhaps it would have turned the tide of the match?:cool: Tit-for-tat, no?;)

18. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

You are right. Much ado about nothing. Sensation is what the press want.

19. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

20. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Who do we think we are

Are the 6 million so called Chinese in Msia so important that we can tell

1.3 billion people in China to behave so that we can impress our Malay and indian friends?

Or is it the other way round, we should be all out to impress 1.3 billion people who may one day be our saviours?

I think if tomorrow Msia disappears from the map no one will notice.

I think we must have a sense of proportion and realities of this world.

Is Mr. Lee Kuan Yew listening ?