Wang Shixian ( 王适娴 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Poor WSX. Nobody talked about how she fought back from 16-20 to win the second game. If the third game was 21-19 instead of 19-21, she would have been a super-hero right now just like WYH in the UC final.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Have to agree with you,the amazing fight back in G2 and the narrow defeat in the rubber. What a fine line dividing superhero from "superflop". But to me she's never a flop and she will emerge stronger in the near future.:)

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Well yes, but you don't get world champions and players who can give you top-5 consistency for over a number of years so easily; not even in China! The CBA usually do a good job with nurturing their top, most valuable players, but I can't keep help feeling they somehow screwed up huge on WSX.

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Looks like the percentage for her to qualify for OG2012 is slowly decreasing as time goes by...

5. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Are we going to see another XXF in WSX - dominate WS after not able to go to Olympics 8 years ago?

6. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    I never felt so bad for a Chinese player before... among'st the Chinese I like her the most. Too bad there had to be a loser in the epic quarter final in IO. I saw that match, it was amazing and awe inspiring. I am an Indian and any given day I would root for an Indian player or a non-chinese, WSX and Zhao Yunlie/ Qing Tian and Lin Dan will be an exception. They are my favorite Chinese players. I hope she gets selected for OG. She's such a talented kid.

7. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I hope WSX will take the positive things out of this loss to Saina. Even though she lost I think she was doing the right things in the end and it was indeed a great match. The longer the match progressed she became more and more willing to use her smash and she hit some nice ones too. I don't think she will ever be a great smasher, it doesn't come naturally to her. But she must learn to not be afraid to use it and she can go for placement rather than power.

8. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    What would Wang Lin (who was supposed to be selected in the Olympics btw had she not ruptured her knee) tell Wang Shixian to comfort her ?

Wang Lin: Walao; consider yourself lucky to play in the top flight. I am still recovering from my injury and still far from my best form.

9. repentedboy

student la
    Wang Shixian you do have a strong character to take the outcome in stride. Good on you girl.

She will be watching the three competing in London from TV. Well she has Jiang Yanjiao, Wang Lin, Liu Xin (allegedly one of her best friends) and Han Li to accompany her in the TV room LOL!

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

WSX just have to acquire the one shot - an effective smash - and we'll see her in Rio Olympics 2016, her defensive stroke play and deception are her forte,second to none. If LXR learns some deceptive shots from WSX, she will be even more formidable coupled with her already sharp,powerful attacking style.

As for this Olympics,WSX still have to be in London as reserve and sparring partner until the start of the games. Don't worry,this setback may galvanize WSX to greater heights.

11. repentedboy

student la
    No way WSX will act as reserve. It is as though her fate has been set to wait for the next Olympic edition.

But hey I am more than happy to wait because China has successfully won the Olympic gold in three different continents : Asia; Europe and Oceania. Who knows WSX will be the fated one to help China win it in the fourth continent; South America.

I have feeling Brazil Olympics 2016 will be a grand one.

12. repentedboy

student la
    Anyway, she is only 22 this year. She along with Wang Yihan have 6/7 good years ahead of them.

Looking forward to a new WSX:

Wang Shixian: The Next Dimension

13. repentedboy

student la
    I will make a video tribute to express my support for her .

Do not give up and chin up WSX ! Be ready in few hours :p

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    She is history. A price she has to pay. ;)

15. repentedboy

student la
    You are so wrong. She missed the boat but she is not out yet. The scenario will give her opportunities to prove herself in other major tournaments.

LXR will be in a bigger sh!t if she fails to deliver at least one medal. Of course I do not want that to happen.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

How can she be history? Just because she was unselected for the Olympics through no fault of hers? If she were a non-CHN player,she'll be treated like a badminton Queen and bearing her country's best hope of medal contender in London.

Though I feel it's still early to pay special tribute to her for she's only 22 and hasn't achieved a lot yet for a CHN player, I can go along with that. Don't be surprised in the near future she emerges a transformed better player than ever. Some people blooms at a later age with increased maturity and richer experience - Zhang Ning is an exemplary example.

I believe CHN has the expertise and capability with the likes of Grand Master Tang Xianhu to uplift her game,correct her shortcoming, and enable her to realize her fullest potential. She won't suffer the fates of Zhu Lin or Lu Lan in recent times because she is more talented and has achieved shinier results than them. It'll be a pity if CHN let her go to waste, no, it won't happen;on the contrary,they will continue to develop and bring out the jewel in her.

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Sg should take her. lol.

she is slow and not fit as others. She got that princess flair attitude. ;)

more lxr type to come. they are more hungry. ;)

18. repentedboy

student la
    Zhu Lin was actually alright, dont know why she just disappear and unable to perform.

Lu Lan is definitely an overrated player. She just won 5 SS and one World Championship out of pity from Xie XingFang. She got selected for the Olympics just because she had better h2h with most lower ranked players.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh, Lu Ln won 5 SS titles and I forgot she was a former WC (I won't say out of pity from XXF,that's arguable), not bad except that I was disappointed with her for failing to win the bronze medal at Beijing 2008 OG. Whatever, I've watched her play and think WSX is better.

As for Zhu Lin,it's inexplicable to me that after winning the WC she was downhill all the way;that's so unusual for a relatively young CHN player,let alone a former WC. Anyway,it's all water under the bridge.

I'm more concerned about WSX now,hope this setback marks a new chapter in her career, and may she grow from strength to strength going forward - she can take a leaf from Wang Yihan.

20. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

go go go WSX! :)

btw, Lu Lan saved CHN UC team from defeat against NED in UC 2006 i think? she is pretty good. :D