Wang Shixian ( 王适娴 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Jun 28, 2009.

1. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    What must she been thinking/pondering after seeing those draws announced?

Could she stand a better chance than WX as a second seed?

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Dude, keep your daytime job or whatever you are doing...LXR hits the gold mine. You are a terrible oracle.

Hmmmm, the KOR are nowhere near WYH and WX. Time for you to change your crystall ball, it is showing you the wrong stuff.

4. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I am sorry that you feels this way. In my opinion LXR deserve gold medal as much as WYH. She will be world number 1 soon and will stay there for a while. The only thing to stop her is unexpected injury like what happened to WX and WL. She is all around player like WYH and has everything to match WYH (if not more) apart from her younger age and lack of experience which she will only get better with time. There is no obvious weakness which can be taken advantage by her opponents and I personally believe she can go up one or two more notches with more training. Her mental strength and badminton IQ are excellent. Her smashes are outstanding. To beat WYH without assistance from her coach just told us that she can adjust the game strategy by herself. To pick up 4 straight points from 17 to 21 in the 3rd games told us that she got the ability to play big points and finish the game well.
    She just has to polish her skills and cut down the unforced errors. If she didn't pick up injury, She will dominate WS at least 6 years whether we like her or not. WSX will be back to top 3 with more training with her smash. WX 's prospect is a worry with her knee injury. I wish her all the best.

5. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Somehow I feel that LXR must have done something that repentboyz hates her so much. :)

6. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

YipPY in the Olympics was in the form of her life reminding one of how she beat ZN/XXF a few years back; Inthanon also rose to the occasion dispatching Schenk and almost toppled Wang Xin - take nothing away from these two. Actually, Sung JH was my favourite in the ROW camp but it was not to be, and even if she had progressed further to meet LXR who was in top form, I doubt she could withstand LXR's onslaught.

Objectively speaking,IMHO,just watching how LXR played to eliminate Tai TY who happened to play very well despite losing,followed by disposing the in-form YipPY,and then went on to overcome her two formidable colleagues WX and WYH, I was overawed and convinced LXR was and is indeed Champion material fully deserving her glorious victory,an Olympic gold medal.If she continues at this rate,I've no doubt she will be a dominant force in WS for a long while.

However,frankly speaking, LXR's rise the last 9 months to a year is not only phenomenal but just too smooth with only a minor hiccup in the INA Open where she undeservedly suffered an anomalous defeat to Saina. Nevertheless,that pre-Olympic loss was in effect a blessing in disguise, keeping her on her toes and prodding her to work harder which i believed she did and subsequently delivered magnificently. I make bold to say another,this time,major setback early in her career should do her great good in strengthening,consolidating and pushing her to scale greater heights in a more resplendent rock-solid fashion. Remember even Super Dan had a near career-ending setback at Athens 2004, a major turning-point in his life from which he not only didn't slump but went on to become the awesome Lin Dan of Beijing 2008 and today cement his position as the Greatest of All Time.

Almost forgot this is WSX's thread. Sincerely hoped to see her emerge stronger than ever from her Olympic deselection. She together with WX and WYH might have been denied by LXR but should they be able to learn a valuable lesson from it and not take it too hard or negatively, better still, let it serve as an impetus and catalyst, they assuredly will accomplish greater achievements to come to the benefit of the badminton world, China in particular.

8. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I must admit that I do see LXR somewhat a different player from the rest of chinese players. I always see Badminton as a mental game as much as a physical game that require high badminton IQ to excel. Lin dan with the help from Lee Chong Wei had bring the men single to the highest level of all time. It is not just that they are physical strong players, they are also very smart players. This is why they are on the top of the world over the last 6 years. LXR is sort of the player that potentially bring women single to another level with her physical strength and intelligence. WSX is a very smart player but she is limited by her smashing skills which I think can be improved over the next few years.

9. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    anyone know where this photo was taken? please answer me wang-shixian358.jpg

10. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    another pics wang-shixian359.jpg wang-shixian360.jpg

11. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    sorry late for introduce my self,im new member here :)

12. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
    the pictures are taken from last year chinese new year celebration for the chinese badminton team where they danced and lin dan have to mimic a Jay Chou playing piano. if you can read chinese, you might be able to find the video on youtube. seen it before previously.

13. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    What is the title of video on youtube?? i cant find it :crying:

14. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
  15. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
  16. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    460.jpg amazing :) where is shixian? :)

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    She is on the left of the guy in blue. Partly hidden.

18. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    wow... :) shixian i love u.... hm...

i dont know

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

She lost today to mitani minatsu..:(
    Lack of competitive match or lack of confidence?

20. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    HM.. :crying: