Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Want a new racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Nyoung, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Nyoung

Nyoung New Member

I'm a 16 year old with an intermediate level of play. I currently use a yonex nanospeed 100. What racquet would you guys recommend for me?

2. 1hotdr

1hotdr Regular Member

Most people on this forum will want a ton more info about you to recommend a racket. Mostly about your playing style etc.

Also, why do you want to get a new racket? The NS 100 you have actually performs very well despite being a lower price racket. See the review below and read the comments. Some people prefer your racket to others costing much more!
    http://badminton-coach.co.uk/252/yonex-nanospeed-100-badminton-racquet-review/

If there is something specific that you want in a racket that the NS100 is not providing for you, then let us know and someone could recommend a different racket.

3. Nyoung

Nyoung New Member

I only play singles. I smash a lot and have decent power right now. I play 2-3 times a week. I will be joining a badminton club next season so that's why I want the racquet. I like my nanospeed 100 but I want something that can give me a bit more power.

4. 1hotdr

1hotdr Regular Member

If you are looking for more power, I would look for something either with a stiffer shaft or more head heavy. If you like Yonex, the Voltric series are typically liked by singles players.

5. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

Hello, I normally play singles as thats what I like, I've played with a few brands (Yonex, Carlton, Victor and FZ Forza), I feel like a middle end Voltric would do the job, for me, the voltric 3 or 7 felt a bit eiffy when smashing and lacked a bit of power and head weight to the racket! But that's my opinion. If not, the Victor MX range is a good alternative as they are similar in many ways. FZ Forza 9000 Power is a good racket especially when smashing. At the end of the day, its what you feel most comfortable and enjoy! There's no point buying a head light when it wouldn't smash as powerful as a head heavy!! :) Let us know what you chose!

6. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I'm 15 and I moved from the Nanospeed 100 to a arcsaber z slash, it's really precise agile and doesn't really get you tired, I generally play singles play most of the time.