Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Wearing Gloves

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by t3tsubo, Feb 26, 2007.

1. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    I know this has probably come up before, but i'd thought id start a new thread on it rather than revive an old one.
    I got a nasty cut from smashing too hard (no joke, it was a new grip (super tacky) and my coach was doing smash drill exclusively that day, skin ended up getting rubbed off then got split in half like 1 mm deep). So i decided to try wear something over it, my biking gloves didnt work, they covered my fingers. A bandaid was too thin and the cut got worse, and try to play badminton without making my racquet touch my index finger's skin was too handicapped. But then i tried wieght lifter's gloves, with a little chalk on, and they are only up to your 1st finger joint. They worked great.

can anyone else tell me about if they have used gloves playing badminton before? I bet if i get some of that yonex grip spray it'd work even better.

2. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

try wrapping the finger with sports wrap, works for me.

3. wantedman

wantedman Regular Member

i know someone who uses a racquetball/squash glove when they play. it doesnt seem to hinder them in anyway.

4. morewood

morewood Regular Member

On the few times that I have blistered fingers using electrical tape provides an efficient barrier.

5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

that'll really hurt when you tear it off though .... won't the skin just come right off with it then?

6. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    i worried about taping my finger. Circulation is important. Gloves seem to be working fine so ill stick with that

7. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Tape tends to peel away from my hands due to sweat after about an hour anyway (none absorbent tape) and then its just then a case of cutting the tape off with a pair of scissors. I tend to burst the blister anyway and remove the lifted skin before taping up as I find that leads to it healing quicker. As for circulation, obviously don’t tape too tight as if you loose sensation/circulation in your fingers its counter productive and you could cause further injury.

8. Lord Kokkei

Lord Kokkei New Member

Webmaster
    wearing gloves make you look like a gangster, seriously ^^
    but you know, bandaging you hand might be better because it keeps the air flow going so you don't end up sweating a lot and it has more friction so you can grip tighter

9. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

Bandages just slide off with the sweat ;)

10. Lord Kokkei

Lord Kokkei New Member

Webmaster
    unless you bandage all the way up to your sholder. I'm going to try that tomorrow at my club.

11. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

bandaid the wounded area, then cover it with a layer of athletic tape.

it worked well when the first joint of my index finger got cut, or cracked some how (also about 1mm deep). i guess my hands are dry to begin with... and it stung real bad.

i normally can't play with anything on my fingers, but surprisingly the bandaid + athletic tape combination worked well to prevent the bandaid from sliding off from wear, and possible dampness.

#11 chickenpoodle, Mar 1, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2007