Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

What are your combos?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by little, Aug 16, 2011.

1. little

little New Member

I thought some older players would have some favorite or reliable ways to pressure the opponent or win the point.

Mine is: If they are close, clear to a corner, if they don't do a good clear back, dropshot to opposite corner(falling parallel with net if possible) and spike/smash the return.

Of course, hitting depending on their racket and feet position is best but having combos would help the mentality I think.

2. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

when meeting a completely new opponent regardless of their skill, i prefer the "rule of thumb" : 2 high lob, 1 drop shot
    that combo is a good way to observe your opponent behavior (aggressiveness, shoot quality, and weakspot)

3. little

little New Member

Also, something I've seen pros do and works well if you have a strong clear is to just clear back and forth between each other until the opponent either does a bad clear (then you smash) or they get lazy and stay back (then you dropshot).

4. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

yeah.. just like lin dan did to chong wei when they fought at the WBC final days ago..
    i dont know how many they clear each other.. both of them always clear it right, not short but not long from the baseline also.. until suddenly lin dan simply do a dropshot (chongwei get lazy and stayback, expecting a clear again but also ready to receive a fullpower smash~not a dropshot :))

5. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

There should not be any combos because there are too many ways the return to your shot could be. Just see what is the return shot n improvise accordingly w/ one principle, to pressurize your opponent into making mistakes or weak returns you can kill.

6. BadMNTN_abner

BadMNTN_abner Regular Member

student
    i've seen that too. and yeah, that was a witty move by lin dan..

7. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    Straight drop down the left line. Flick to the back hand. await soft clear, cross court smash.