Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

What grip size do you use?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by caduceusnz, Jan 20, 2010.

1. caduceusnz

caduceusnz Regular Member

This is because I was helping to derail this other thread.

Anyway, as per my Lethal 60 picture, some have commented I have quite a thick grip, which I like because it fills my hand better. I left the original grip that came with the racquet on (in fact the plastic wrapping is still on it!), covered it with a Yonex cloth grip, and covered that with a Wilson Pro Overgrip, which is my current favourite (never seems to stop being tacky).

So, how many layers do you use?!

2. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

i just find it harder to generate power lethal 60 with a thick grip, prob because it's less head heavy, and the feel's gone.... i removed the original grip and used a HQ Super Grip GLA... rapping the bottom thinner and the top slightly higher... feels great, tho not very tacky.... i personally don't like tacky grips very much....

3. druss

druss Regular Member

I'm not a big fan of thick grips, they prevent me from doing certain shots which require using the fingers as much as the wrist.

4. ixoye

ixoye Regular Member

I started playing with a thick-ish grip, G3 maybe. But, as I progressed, the racket handle moved to my fingers and the thick-ish grip became difficult. I now use a thin grip, G5.

If you find that a thick grip works for you, then fine. It works for your style of play. Some people I play with also prefer thick grips and they play just fine.