Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

What string plays like CNG100 but cheaper and easily available?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by mongoose, Jun 3, 2002.

1. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I have been using BG66 on all my rackets for the past 1 and a half years or so.
    Recently, I got one of my rackets strung with Cyber Natural Gut 100 and to say that I'm impressed with it, is an understatement!

From the time that I got that racket strung with the CNG100, I have also strung my other two Ti-10s with BG66.
    And the tension of the CNG100 is still holding extremely well while the tension the BG66s on the two Ti-10s have dropped very significantly.

What I like about the CNG100 (that is different from BG66) are:
    1) stiff (stiffer than BG66)
    2) holds tension well (better than BG66)

Does anyone out there know of any string/gut that plays close to the CNG100 or have the characteristics that I mentioned above?
    ie. like BG66 but stiffer and holds tension better.

Thanks.:confused:

2. AKFT

AKFT Regular Member

I have 2 MP 77, one strung with CBG100, the other with BG88ti at the same tension (23/24). They both hold the tension very well. The CBG100 "feels" softer and is better for the "touch" shots. The 88ti has a "harder" feel. Both are good. I personally prefer the CBG100, and the price between them is close enough that it's not an issue.

I have a Ti 10 strung with BG66, and I have had BG85 strung on this racket before that. I don't want to compare them directly since they are done by a different stringer, and the racket is different.

THE BEST string I have ever had was years ago when I had a racket strung with "competition (very thin) gut" and at "high tension". I could feel my fingers pushing the bird as I hit it. Unfortunately, the string only lasted 2 sessions, so I never strung it that way again!

:)

#2 AKFT, Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2002
  3. modious

modious Regular Member

The only string which plays like the CNG100 is the BG88Ti. :)

4. Chu Pa

Chu Pa Regular Member

I will..

BG88Ti is a good string. On the same playing level as the BG85 but just a tad harder(string) and holds tension extremely well. If CNG100 is similar to BG85 characteristics with the ability to hold tension for longer rate of time then we have a winner. I will try CNG100 next time.