Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

What type of string comes with the original yonex mp100?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by azndragon108, Mar 7, 2004.

1. azndragon108

azndragon108 Regular Member

So, what type of string comes with the original Yonex MP100? is it bg65 or is it something else. any replies will be appreciated.

ps. if i get a yonex mp100, should i get a new string for it?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it comes unstrung. ie. no string.

if you see it strung, that means you are either in the UK, or your local shop decided to pre-string it. if that's the case, it will depend on your local shop.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I agree with kwun. but in some cases , some outlets just provide cheap nylon strings ( most of the time buyers cut them and restring it ) , if your lucky enough , some shop owners does provide good strings like Bg65 etc. they will offer you strings and they will string it for you.

4. Runner23

Runner23 Regular Member

Stock Analyst
    Not quite so, in Denmark almost the entire Yonex range comes factory strung with BG 80 at the usual "fishing net" tension (meaning very low). I have yet to see racquets being sold in Denmark without string.

5. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Holy Smoke! Now that's a true quality of a passionated badminton nation. Factory strung racquets with BG80s?! Almost seem like a waste to have BG80s strung at such a low tension though. Are the prices of the racquets there comparable to N.A.?

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Even lower end rackets like ISo20, ISO23 come with BG80???

7. Runner23

Runner23 Regular Member

Stock Analyst
    Well, I did say almost the entire range. I don't know about those racquets, but at least all of the MP racquets and AT as well.

8. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    Be carefull !!!

From distributor, all the rackets come without string.
    Many shops do provide a string, they strung with low tension on it. Many of them with BG-65.
    It is better to buy a racket without string on it. So you can chose the string and tension by you self.

My friend has a bad experience. I hope you guys have never gotten this experience.
    He bought a Ti-5 Light with string on it.
    After a few hours of play, he fond that the tension not high enough for hem and decided to replace it with a new one.

Surprise ! After he cut the string, the racket was not symmetric at 4-5 (or 7-8) o'clock, bend out.
    When the string still not it, the racket was symmetric, nothing wrong with it, because the shopper/stringer had done his 'best' to made the racket symmetric.

So guys.... becarefull.