Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Where do you look when you serve?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by BernieR, Feb 5, 2013.

1. BernieR

BernieR Regular Member

I vary it, sometimes I look where I want the shuttle to go and sometimes I don't. I don't look at the shuttle in my hand. Sometimes (too often) I hit my hand and the serve goes wrong. Do you look at the shuttle in your hand as you serve?

2. phili

phili Regular Member

There is another thread with the exact same title iirc.

Right before the serve I look towards my opponent but then my eyes are fixed on the shuttle.

3. ronaldindin

ronaldindin Regular Member

look at the eyes of your opponent, they might scare if your techniques is threatening them

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  5. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    Just play it simple .... first i look at my opponent at where he/she standing .... then i will decided where to serve .... if low short serve then i will always look at the white tape to see if after i serve when the shuttle pass the white tape is it heading down ..... after passing white tape shuttle heading down i have nothing much to worry cos they either net back push back or lift the bird .... if after passing white tape still going straight or up then i must be on the ball because they might net kill/tap ..... just my 2 cents ...

6. BernieR

BernieR Regular Member

Thanks Kwun. I did try searching for that thread for some time, but either I am no good at searching or the search engine is no good. It told me it didn't want to search for the terms I put in, because they are too common.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ Truth be told, BC 's search engine is horrendously useless. Better to use Google and add BC as part of the search criteria.

8. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

So true! :D