Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Where to buy racket in Japan?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by altreality, Jun 13, 2004.

1. altreality

altreality Regular Member

Contacted an old mate to see if he can get any rackets for me in Japan...
    Can anyone tell me where I can point him to ? He doesn't play ....

Names of Shops/ Rough addresses etc are appreciated !

Thanks

2. 604badder

604badder New Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
  3. altreality

Oops Sorry... should've used additional search terms, "japan and rackets" were not the best of choices...

Cheers..

4. cookiss

cookiss Regular Member

Victoria (big sports equipment store) at Ochanomizu Station or Kanda Station by JR Line or Subway Eidan Line has a good selection. It's also somewhat cheaper than the suggested retail prices in the Yonex catalog (if u'r looking for yonex racquets...) I'm not sure about other brands though.

The store is not right at the station though..but tell your friend to walk towards the stores along a street with lots of guitar shops...continue walking for about 10 minutes and he'll see a lot of sports equipment stores.

they also have a good selection of strings and grips if u need any from your friend:)

twobeer likes this.
  5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    You need to use "racquets" instead of "rackets" when you are not getting it.

6. altreality

Thanks a mill!
    Will let him know...
    The words "cheaper than the suggested retail prices" is what I wanna hear !

Cheers

7. cookiss

cookiss Regular Member

Which one were you looking to buy? there's no AT800 there the last time i checked...

8. MarkinJapan

MarkinJapan Regular Member

kouchou sensei!
    twobeer likes this.
  9. cookiss

cookiss Regular Member

Where do you live in Japan, Mark? I play badminton at Takadanobaba every sunday and tuesday...

10. MCWOOD

MCWOOD New Member

Please see this web site:

http://www.victoria.co.jp/

11. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    I went to Shunjuku in Tokyo last week and enjoyed it very much, the highlight of the trip was hiking up Mt. Fuji, but next to that would be shopping for badminton equipment. I visited Victoria on the first day, but I found their prices to be on the high side... they were selling everything very close to the MSRP, their racket selection were good but they they didn't have many shoes or grips to choose from.

Then I went to Windsor shop in Ikebukuro, I ended up spending more than an hour there and buying a Yonex VeryCool shirt (10015) and an AT-900T, the price of the shirt was quite near the MSRP, but the AT900-T was on sale for 18,900Yen(US$155) and came with a soft cloth bag, so I was quite happy about that. Also purchased 4 packs of Nanogy 98 costing 1,134Yen(US$9) each. I asked if they can deduct the tax because i'm a foreign visitor, they couldn't do it but they gave me 2 Yonex shoe bags for free!

On the same day, I went to Windsor's Shunjuku shop, as soon as I walked in I spotted a rackful of Yonex SHB99LE being on sale 7,749Yen(US$64), the price was good and I was not going to let it pass by, they also included a shoe bag for free. Also bought a couple packs of grip tapes.

The very last day hours before travelling to the airport I went back to the Shunjuku shop to do some last minute shopping, ended up picking up a Yonex 712PR six racket bag... 7,560Yen(US$62).

I'd highly recommend Windsor Racket Shop for those of you looking for good prices and great selection(Shunjuku location has better selection), the only down side is the Yonex clothing selection isn't too good, probably find more at the Yonex Shop.

Victoria, good selection of rackets but prices are higher than Victoria.

A word of advise... if you're planning a trip to Tokyo, make sure you bring lots of money or you Visa card, you'll probably end up buying a lot! : )

Cheers!