Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

which defensive racquet

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by chris, Mar 24, 2002.

1. chris

chris Guest

i have been playing rec for a year.

which would be a high quality defense racquet. my strenghts are court quickness and blocking smashes. weakness is good technique on smash/clear

so.....should the racquet be head light and the shaft be flexible?

2. Josh B.

Josh B. Guest

are you more of a singles player or a doubles player? if you can answer that question than I can suggest a few racquets to you.
  3. LeeLloyd

LeeLloyd Guest

If you are a real defensive player... (like me) I recommend you a light headed racquet... because of its maneuvrebility....
    something like the Yonex Titanium Swing Power SR-version or SA-version..

4. Josh B.

Josh B. Guest

If you are defensive and a more of a doubles player, than get the Iso Ti Swing Power SA and if you are a singles player, than get the Iso Ti Swing Power SR.
  5. modious

modious Regular Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Strangely enough, the MP80 is rated as a defensive (receiving) doubles racket and not a offensive (smashing) doubles racket even though it has a head heavy balance. It's also medium stiff, not extra stiff like the MP100.

Look at the graph at the bottom right of this link.

x axis = left side means more for doubles, right side means more for singles.
    y axis = bottom means receiving players, top means for smashing players.