Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Who will win Women's Single in WC2006?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by kwun, Sep 1, 2006.

?

who will win WS in WC2006?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2006.
  1. Cheng Shao-Chieh

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Jiang Yanjiao

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pi Hongyan

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wang Chen

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wong Mew Choo

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Xie Xingfang

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Xu Huaiwen

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Yao Jie

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Zhang Ning

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (please specify)

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kwun

    kwun Administrator

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2002
    Messages:
    38,208
    Likes Received:
    278
    Occupation:
    BC Janitor
    Location:
    Santa Clara, CA, USA
    with the last GP event before the World Championships about to conclude, we have a good idea what the forms of each player are. let's see what everybody think will win the 2006 WC Woen's Single title....
     
  2. jug8man

    jug8man Regular Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2003
    Messages:
    2,123
    Likes Received:
    3
    Occupation:
    MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Location:
    Malaysia
    C'mon Wong Mew Choo!!!!
     
  3. chikkubhai

    chikkubhai Regular Member

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2005
    Messages:
    209
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    alaska, fairbanks
    If Zhang Ning didnt play at WC I would have picked someone wrong...
     
  4. suetyan

    suetyan Regular Member

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2004
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Japan/Singapore
    I definitely will choose XXF
     
  5. Dreamzz

    Dreamzz Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2004
    Messages:
    6,296
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    London & Penang
    i'll be boring and go with ZN, though will she recover in time for WC?
     
  6. ctjcad

    ctjcad Regular Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2004
    Messages:
    19,144
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    u.s.a.
    hmm, with the injury suffered by ZN in the recent HK Open, which I hope it's not serious and she can still compete, my bet will be on XXF...However, she could challenge the up-and-coming JiangYJ..
     
  7. Dreamzz

    Dreamzz Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2004
    Messages:
    6,296
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    London & Penang
    i'm surprised kwun didn't vote for her! :D
     
  8. chibe_K

    chibe_K Regular Member

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2004
    Messages:
    779
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    USA
    Who cares voting for WS, it's a done deal the title will go to someone from CHN.....making this the most boring event in any tournament....you know, lack of competition and lack of surprises...
     
  9. seawell

    seawell Regular Member

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2003
    Messages:
    1,549
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    DeYang - Bei jing
    Wong Mew Choo can? :eek: :eek: :eek: oh,my god!!!:D
     
  10. z3048018

    z3048018 Regular Member

    Joined:
    May 6, 2006
    Messages:
    1,273
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    HKG
    ZN will pip XXF to glory
     
  11. luyi80

    luyi80 Regular Member

    Joined:
    May 13, 2006
    Messages:
    744
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Maocheng
    Hope ZN grabs the title, but not in an all CHN players final.
     
  12. jamesd20

    jamesd20 Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2003
    Messages:
    5,436
    Likes Received:
    1
    Occupation:
    Construction
    Location:
    Leeds, UK
    I don't tihnk there needs to be so many options!:eek:

    ZN or XXF Can't decide which. Prefer ZN though.

    One upset in an early round could change the whole face of the draw an give oppurtunity to someone.
     
  13. Han

    Han Regular Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2003
    Messages:
    2,704
    Likes Received:
    4
    Occupation:
    Engineer
    Location:
    Milpitas CA, USA
    XXF shall be queen again

    Realisticly only Xie Xingfang, Zhang Ning stand a very high chance of winning this title while Wang Chen, Pi Hongyan, Hu are the dark houses. Wong Miew Choo plays as a potential spoiler. My pick : XXF
     
  14. red00ecstrat

    red00ecstrat Regular Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2003
    Messages:
    1,985
    Likes Received:
    3
    Occupation:
    (Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    Location:
    Hong Kong S.A.R. China
    I hope Xie Xingfang will win the title!
     
  15. CLELY

    CLELY Regular Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2006
    Messages:
    10,415
    Likes Received:
    319
    Location:
    Jkt-Indo
    XXF has a big amibition to repeat her senior success YeZY in consecutive years (1995 & 1997). I guess XXF will do it again!
     
  16. Baderz_Jas

    Baderz_Jas Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2006
    Messages:
    2,360
    Likes Received:
    0
    Occupation:
    Student, business man wannabe =P
    Location:
    Cambridge, UK
    Xie Xingfang of course!!! She will defend her WC! Hope she can!:)
     
  17. Arun V

    Arun V Regular Member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2006
    Messages:
    30
    Likes Received:
    0
    Occupation:
    Student
    Location:
    India
    Finals Zhang Ning Vs Xie Xingfang for sure.
     
  18. ronk

    ronk Regular Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2002
    Messages:
    1,211
    Likes Received:
    20
    Location:
    USA
    Only Zhang Ning or Xie XingFang realistically will win. I would say that there is a 90% chance that either of these two will win and a 10% chance that someone else will win.
     
  19. ctjcad

    ctjcad Regular Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2004
    Messages:
    19,144
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    u.s.a.
    Oh boy..Speaking of percentage..

    Well, i would say barring any major injuries, it's going to be 99.999% either XXF or ZN who will win it..;)
    Off note:Looking at all the posts going in XXF's favor, hopefully this doesn't signal a "jinx" for her..hehe:p ;)
     
  20. jamesd20

    jamesd20 Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2003
    Messages:
    5,436
    Likes Received:
    1
    Occupation:
    Construction
    Location:
    Leeds, UK
    I Agree. It is much higher than 10%. I beleive the statistics of the tournament where they have both entered would say that one of them have won them much more than 90% of the time.

    The voting is still in favour of Zhang Ning though......
     

Share This Page