Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Will Indonesia maintain the Thomas Cup

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cup 2002' started by ALI, Nov 9, 2001.

1. ALI

ALI Regular Member

Student
    Hi, everyone out there! I'm thinking if Indonesia could still maintain the Thomas Cup? For me, I think they can't. They have no good singles player anymore except Hendrawan who is going downhill, and there is only Candra/Sigit who will pose a real threat in doubles, not like in 2000. I think that China will be the favourites, with Malaysia posing a threat. What are your opinions? And, do share all your views on the prediction for the Thomas Cup Squad line-up, if you have. Thankx!~!!!!

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I don't think Malaysia can pose much threat, but i do agree that it will be very tough for Indonesia to maintain the Thomas Cup. I think China will be favourites to take this title. They took 1 men's title from Indonesia already, that being the Asia Cup, but then again, many would argue that that was due to Hendrawan's injury

3. S Hadi

S Hadi Guest

Well,

I think there is still a chance for indonesia to defend their title.
    For singles, they still have Hendrawan and Taufik, and with a few choices of doubles.

I'm very positive that they are still strong enough to take the cup home.

Yes i agree that china will be the main competitor, although malaysia and possibly denmark as well as south korea will also be a threat for them.

4. John

John Guest

No hope la! But no harm in some day-dreaming. John.