Will Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong do better without Rexy Mainaky?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    KKK/TBH will go nowhere unless they start their own engine & move, even the best coach in the world can't do that. The best coach in the world will just waste his time without KKK/TBH revival.

2. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    take lcw as example, how he be world no 1 for 8 years...no good sparring partner, even not having best coach but still he can be on the top and sustain on the top. it all about player itself, whether want to change or not.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    on which earth did lcw be world number one for 8 years?

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    limsy, give him chance la. dun buli him man. He's new. Let him help Malaysia badminton. ;)

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Agar-Agar-lah, chin-chai lah, add a few years minus a few years okay lah...Riffsuad has made his point and is true...it is really up to the player himself...since 2005 when I first saw LCW in Anaheim, LCW has improved in every aspects of his game, and the last part i.e. his mental game has vastly improved and no more jaguh kampung (village champ).

6. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

May be....may be only lah......he meant "won malaysia open 8 times" leh............

7. extremenanopowe

yala yala.. 8 times la.. over excited. Relax brudder.. lol. ;)

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

[h=2]Coach says he is committed to players[/h] [​IMG] Rexy Mainaky (right) is one of BAM’s longest serving foreign coaches, having joined in June 2005.
    1 / 1

IS Rexy Mainaky leaving Malaysia?

There has been strong speculation for more than a month now that he may take up a coaching offer in a neighbouring country although his existing contract with the BA of Malaysia (BAM) runs until June, 2013.

It is believed the Philippines BA is interested in his services and has already made an offer and Rexy is said to be in negotiations with them and could leave in April.

BA of Malaysia (BAM) general manager Kenny Goh said Rexy had not mentioned anything.

"I have not heard anything from Rexy on this matter. His contract runs until June, 2013 and he is committed to preparing our players for the London Olympics," said Kenny.

"Rexy must give two months notice if he wants to quit but there has been no discussion between the management and him regarding this. As far as is BAM is concerned, he will continue until his contract expires next year."

Rexy is one of BAM's longest serving foreign coaches, having joined in June 2005, and was also instrumental in forming the Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong pairing in 2006.

However, their poor performance for almost two years eventually ended his stint as the men's doubles head coach last September and he was redesignated as chief coach of the women's and mixed doubles.

Rexy said he is committed to helping either Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui or Vivian Hoo-Woon Khe Wei qualify for the London Olympics and had no intention of leaving BAM.

"I believe the rumours started during the Macau Open last year when I was talking to some of the Indonesian coaches. One of them was offered a coaching job by The Philippines and (former Indonesian player) Minarti (Timur) said why not I give it try. It was just meant to be a joke and it ended there," said Rexy.

"I don't have a reason to leave. My players are committed and want to qualify for the Olympics and I want to make sure they achieve the goal.

"Young players like Vivian, Khe Wei and Lim Yin Loo are showing good progress and are working very hard and my focus is to help them become solid international players."

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Rexy did get some offers from other countries..including Indonesia....the other INA coach that Rexy was talking about is Herry IP

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    FYI, KKK is the most difficult player to deal with in term of disciplines....Rexy had warned KKK many times..including skipping the training but BAM protected him....

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Rexy is a good coach. If his charges are obedient, commited and following his training, I see no reason for him to leave. It is important for both parties to work together.

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Watch out for Lim Yin Loo as she learns more coaching from Rexy

True. Rexy Mainaky will be working hard to help Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui and/or Vivian Hoo-Woon Khe Wei to qualify for the 2012 London Olympics.

Also watch out for Lim Yin Loo as she learns more coaching from Rexy.

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Rexy was happy when he was removed from coaching KKK/TBH

Now we can understand why Rexy was happy when he was removed from coaching KKK/TBH. ;););)

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Rexy will stay in Malaysia

Rexy and his family love staying in Malaysia. He will stay in Malaysia.

15. extremenanopowe

Rexy knows the importance of this OG and he already knows the boys well enough with their wins in AE and AG. He should continue and torture the guys. ;) It's a waste. ;) Those guys should not give up no matter how hard it is. They can reach the standard if the pursue it in phases. Mentally week and asking for an alternate solution is wasting time. ;)

16. julianng

julianng Regular Member

I think Rexy should come back to coach these two players.

The korean coach Yoo Yong Sung has done nothing good for the MAS pair in terms of playing style.

It was Rexy who first formed these two players from a scratch pair that surprisingly won 2006 Asian Games Gold medal at Doha in their first ever tournament together.

Also, I think Tan Boon Heong playing style is more similar to Rexy than Yoo Yong Sung or Park Joo Bong for that matter. Korean style is way too different from TBH to be honest.

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think so, but it must be requested personally by KKK/TBH......other wise, I dont think Rexy would come back for these two......

18. extremenanopowe

kkk will knee down saying to rexy...

oh... my.. master... pls help me.. I need you... I won't be naughty again. Kick my butt if you have to... lol ;)

19. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    sory if u all not agree with my statement, my feeling is their journey in badminton to be on the top was end. A lot of new and better MD is appeared with new style badminton play. but they are still same even worse.

20. phili

phili Regular Member

This pair is such a joy to watch especially when KKK is on form but he seems to lose his focus quite easily. Hope they will get back to the top again.
    If they regain their "old" form I think they got a real shot at the Olympics.