Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Will there be any issues if parts of the string is strung at a higher tension?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Sgt_Strider, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

So I went to get my racket restrung with BG 85 today. This is the first time that I saw an electrically assisted stringing machine. I requested my racket to be strung 19lbs x 21lbs. I wasn't paying all that much attention to the stringing process because I had faith in him. While we're talking, I notice that the machine displayed 22lbs instead of 21lbs. When I brought it up, the guy goes oops and said don't worry that he didn't strung any part of the racket at the slightly higher tension. I wasn't paying all that much attention so I can't say for sure. Now I'm worried that part of the racket may be strung 1lb higher than the other half. Do you guys think there will be any potential issues? I used the racket today and things seemed fine, but I'm slightly annoyed by what had occurred.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

that's why i never disturb my stringer when he's doing my racket... :p

and it's normal to string the last few crosses at a few lbs higher to compensate for the knot slip

but 1 lb is not much... it'll probably drop 1 lb after a few sessions of playing

3. Sgt_Strider

I think you may have misunderstood me. It was suppose to be 21lbs for the cross and 19lbs for the main. For the cross, I suspect parts of it is strung at 22lbs and parts of it at 21lbs after I notice the wrong tension on the machine's LCD. Like I said, the performance seemed to be fine. In fact, I think I may be smashing harder, but that's probably due to it being freshly restrung.

I was also told that when a racket isn't electrically assisted, there will be variance in the tension throughout the racket. So having that in mind, do you think the racket is going to be ok? I suppose it might not be a huge problem given that it's only 1lbs, but I'm just curious.

4. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    The tension is so low that there wont be any problems :)

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    agreed with the rest of the people here, tension too low, won't make a difference.

6. Sgt_Strider

Oh really? So given how low the tension is, it wouldn't have mattered whether the problem that I had described occurred in the main or the cross right?

At what tension do you think I could potentially have a problem on my hand?

7. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    You have to go up to something like 29-30 lbs, before it will begin to get crittical :)