Wilson [K]factor [K] Tour and [K] Power Review

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by fastPlayer2008, Aug 23, 2008.

1. fastPlayer2008

fastPlayer2008 New Member

Can anybody provide some reviews on Wilson [K]factor [K] Tour and [K] Power? Such as their manueverbility, durability, control, power? If you could, please provide comparison with Yonex brand rackets. :cool:

2. Wilson Shuttler

Wilson Shuttler Regular Member

n/a
    well, i love the ktour, awesome "kontrol" and feel, and when it comes to smashing, it really takes the cake/pie/whip cream

3. cl427x

cl427x Regular Member

College Student
    at the moment i play with a ktour. it's a really "meaty" racket. i'll leave that up for you to decide what it means.

in comparison to yonex rackets, i've played with arcsaber 10, 7, 800 offensive, and many others. generally speaking, ktour plays (imho) like a cross between arcsaber 7 and 800 offensive. the ktour's durability is absolutely great whereas yonexes fall short in this category (imho again).

hope that helps!

4. OSFcross

OSFcross Regular Member

Registered Nurse
    I play with a [K]Tour @ 28 lbs. It's a tad heavy, but very powerful. Defence is just OK-ish for doubles. It's a great racket if you play more on rear court or singles. For fast exchanges, I tend to compensate for the weight by choking near the cone. Never needed to do that with the Woven 8A, though.

5. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I have the older version of K[Tour] and it is good for smashes and clears. However, despite the stiff rating, I find that it is not as stiff as other racquets rated stiff by their manufacturers.

It is a durable racquet and well made but for me, it lacks the feel so that I am not very confident when using it for shots requiring finesse/control. This maybe due to the string which I think has lost it's tension.

6. ahdandan

ahdandan Regular Member

Civil Servant
    First time try out k-tour that I bought second hand a week ago. Was previously using Yonex cab21sp. The racket is good for control and hitting from one end to the other end is easier. However find that when come to smashing it does not actually give the same feel as cab21. Not as strong either. Maybe did not give myself enough time to get a better feel and understanding of the racket.
    Just for info, my cab 21sp stung at 23lb while the ex-owner of k-tour mention it was strung at 24lb. Both Yonex BG66 string. And cab 21sb give a nicer and higher pitch when hit the shutter. Is it cause of the tension? All in all, k-tour control is excellent. But I am a power freak. :D

P.S. Normally how long does it take on an average to get use to a racket. :confused:

7. fredjiang

fredjiang Regular Member

Engineer
    I liked it a lot. It's kind of a balance racket, both for both single and double. It feels even balanced to me. Too bad it breaks easily. I probably broke like ten of them in less than a year.

8. pjj45

pjj45 Regular Member

To ahdandan:
    Normally,the time needed to get use to a new racket should be around 2-3 days if you play for those 2/3 days.

9. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

No offence, but after one year (the last post) he (ahdandan) most likely already found the answer to his question.