World Junior Championship Korea

Discussion in '2006 Tournaments' started by gemini12, Sep 25, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    Now, he should take the title!

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The ideal results:
    BS: INA
    GS: IND
    BD: KOR
    GD: CHN
    XD: KOR

3. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

All my predictions go wrong. It's going to be Tommy Sugiarto(INA) vs Han Ki Hoon (KOR)in the BS final, I think the former will be the winner. He may well be another Chen Jin, the 2004 World Youth Champ who creates waves in the badminton world in two years time? I think this is also the first time in the history of World Youth since 1992, that BS's title eludes the Chinese.

4. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

Gd?

aren't pia/nitya good enough to take the title here? it was center in pelatnas that pia is a better player in double...
    correct if i'm wrong but pia used to refuse totrain in pelatnas as she was concentrated on doubles :confused:
    pia/nitya has never play in rubber sets in this tourny, they wins it straight sets

for me it will be :

BS : Ina
    GS : Chn
    BD : kor
    GD : INa
    XD : kor
    and in WS i still think chn are still stronger then india as she beat zhang ning last weeks?

#204 nugroho, Nov 10, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I don't think Pia/Nitya can take the title. Unless they beat the top seeded Chinese pair today...otherwise, they are still not good enough.

Pia wants to be a SINGLES player! They originally wanted her to play in doubles and she declined! She was enrolled into Pelatnas this year as a singles player!

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Wah, you're so sure - TS won already before the match is played!

You mean a walkover has been to TS?

We understand that all Indonesians will want TS to win but so do all Koreans. What more, TS is playing in Incheon, South Korea not in Jakarta. Han Ki Hoon (seeded 9/16) came this far not for nothing and he was able to eliminate higher ranked players along the way. So I think you should not dismiss Han before he even steps into the court to face TS.

For all you know, Han may surprise again! ;)

But on second thoughts, I might have misunderstood you. Maybe you meant TS won his SF, not the F yet.

#206 Loh, Nov 10, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  7. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

i didn't mean that tommy won the tittle already in this tread.. i meant tommy won his match again the chinese li.....
    ;)
    you are right on your second thought

8. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Semi Final results

MIXED DOUBLES

52774/54359 LEE Yong Dae/YOO Hyun Young (KOR/KOR) 1* d 11777/54956 LIU Xialong/LIAO Jingmei (CHN/CHN) 3/4* 21:14,21:9
    54951/95281 LI Tian/MA Jin (CHN/CHN) d 54949/14393 HU Wenqing/WANG Xiao Li (CHN/CHN) 3/4* w/o

GIRLS SINGLES

53938 WANG Yihan (CHN) 1* d 54357 KIM Moon Hi (KOR) 5/8* 21:16,21:13
    52748 NEHWAL Saina (IND) 9/16* d 22455 BAE Youn Joo (KOR) 25:23,21:13

BOYS SINGLES

53856 HONG Ji Hoon (KOR) 9/16* d 67259 ZHOU Wenlong (CHN) 16:21,21:8,21:19
    14587 SUGIARTO Tommy (INA) 3/4* v 53935 LU Qicheng (CHN) 5/8* 21:19,21:16 (in 170 min ??)

GIRLS DOUBLES

95281/14393 MA Jin/WANG Xiaoli (CHN/CHN) 1* d 52730/54272 ZEBADIAH Pia/KRISHINDA Nitya (INA/INA) 21:14,21:17
    53328/54358 HONG Soo Jung/SUN In Jang (KOR/KOR) d 17135/54956 WANG Si Yun/LIAO Jingmei (CHN/CHN)2* 23:21,21:9

BOYS DOUBLES

52774/54345 LEE Yong Dae/CHO Gun Woo (KOR/KOR) 1* d 54171/54159 LIM Khim Wah/MAK Hee Chun (MAS/MAS) 3/4* 21:6,21:11
    11777/20672 LIU Xialong/LI Tian (CHN/CHN) d 39276/54350 KIM Ki Jung/LEE Jung Hwan (KOR/KOR) 22:20,19:21,21:19

9. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

as expeted by others... INA is not strong enough to catch up...:crying:
    good result though... as they have reach semifinal

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yup...an expected result after all since Pia/Nitya have lost to this pair in the team event last week.

Tommy is up against HONG JI HOON, NOT Han Ki Hoon. Lu Qicheng beat Han Ki Hoon yesterday!

11. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    thank you Sandy :) China all-out in MS :crying: :D China can only win 2 golds this year :crying: :) :( :D

12. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    LU QiCheng

You can pretty much expect to no longer see this Boy in the international scene. I don't see how a below China spec physique, standard skills & maxed out on the regiment training........ & still not good enough to win Asian / World Junior titles......... he's a gone case.

Unless If I heard that his dad is one of the big coaches in china is true.....

Being mean again.

TBBMBB(N)

13. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

wang yi han defeated xie xing fang.. not zhang ning... XXF lost to WYH 2 times the last month alone..

14. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

If Lu QiCheng is a gone case, what about HAn ki hoon who he just beat?... i think he is satisfactory, but of course not as good as chen jin when he was a junior... losing to a son of a former world champion in a close fight isn't meaningless...

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Wjc Finals 2006

BOY'S SINGLES
    Hong Ji Hoon vs Tommy Sugiarto (MATCH OF THE DAY) -- the burden is on Tommy as he carries the weight of a nation, anxious to see a new MS prospect! He has beaten some reasonable players like Ronald Susilo and recently Sairul Amar Ayob. He is lucky to have avoided the big guns (Kenichi Tago, Mohd Arif Latif, Han Ki Hoon) so far and managed to beat Lu Qicheng in their rematch. He's the favorite for the title tomorrow and I hope he delivers!

BOY'S DOUBLES
    Lee Yong Dae/Cho Gun Woo vs Liu Xiaolong/Li Tian -- it will be a disaster if Lee Yong Dae doesn't win 2 titles tomorrow :cool: This guy should be BANNED from playing in juniors :D

GIRL'S SINGLES
    Wang Yihan vs Saina Nehwal -- my mind says the Chinese player will win, but, my heart goes to the Indian teenager. Winning a title here will definitely see her rise up the ranks next year!

GIRL'S DOUBLES
    Ma Jin/Wang Xiaoli
    vs Hong Soo Jung/Sun In Jang -- surprise surprise as there's no ALL-CHINESE FINAL. The Korean pair has done well in beating Liao/Wang. However, it will be a surprise if they can beat the top seed.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Hyun Young vs Li Tian/Ma Jin -- see above.

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I highly doubt it lasted 170 min. There are only 77 rallies in the game. 170/77 = 2+ min per rally. That means, players might have like 100+ strokes per rally in average... :eek:

17. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

I agree with all your predictions =p
    Lee Yong Dae MUST take these 2 matches ! If Not ... what a shame lool Just Joking =) He's so talented that we put a heavy burden on him ... =) but I really like how he plays .. with class ! =p .. Geniius LEE YONG DAE !

18. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Wang Yihan beat Zhang ning in semi final of the last World cup .

19. byelnats

byelnats Regular Member

Lol, BadMania, I love your comment about Lee Yong Dae being banned in the JUNIOR. Seriously, he is a monster as far as the junior is concerned. So young and talented. The next Kim Dong Moon/Park Joo Bong? Probably.

20. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

i see.. the chinese invitational was "world cup" so it's another "WC" haha

she also beat XXF

[FONT=Arial,]World Cup 2006

Wang Strikes Again

30 October 2006

Report by Raphael Sachetat, photos by Badmintonphoto.com

Wang Yihan beat Xie Xingfang for the second time while Lin Dan outplayed his compatriot Chen Yu. Indonesia took the mixed and men’s doubles medals.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,][FONT=Arial,]If the world seems to fear hearing the names of the Chinese national badminton team, they may have nightmares when they realize that the worst is yet to come; her name is Wang Yi Han. Originally from Shanghai, this 18 year old is almost as tall (1.77m) as her opponent Xie Xingfang whom she beat at the finals of the Invitation World Cup 2006, this weekend in Yiyang, Hunan Province.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]The first time Xie lost to Wang was a few weeks ago in the China Open held in the World Champion’s home town of Guangzhou. Xie had then blamed too many tournaments and fatigue. This week end, in the final of the invitational event called “World Cup” by the Chinese organisers, Wang did it again, winning in straight games, 21/18 – 21/19. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]“She’s a very good player, has a strong attack and is never afraid of anyone even if she lacks experience,” said Wang’s coach, Tan Xue Hua. Part of the National team in spite of her young age, Wang however has never travelled much until now, but her results in China have proven her worth – she was the one who beat Pi Hongyan in the last China Open in 2005 before reaching the semi finals of that event. In Yiyang, she went two steps better and won her first International title which means she could be travelling more and more in the upcoming months.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,][/FONT]