Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Yonex Boron 7

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by CarbonexFan, Feb 26, 2012.

1. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I knew they exist when I bought a Boron 2 from Yonex. There was also a Boron 3 and a Boron 7, but exclusive to Japan. Last Friday, there were some 'older' players at our place. They had a very good technique, but there back were playing parts. So I discovered they played with some older rackets and when it got my attention, he showed a racket in his bag I never saw before. Not even on pictures! It was a Boron 7 from Yonex. He had 3 of them, but this was the only one left. Not in perfect condition, or I would made him an offer.

Boron7_01.jpg Boron7_02.jpg Boron7_03.jpg

2. King's

King's Regular Member

Certainly would love to have one if I can find one that is still in mint condition (is there an alternative to paying through the nose?:D).

3. YY Fan

YY Fan Regular Member

Sales
    I have ever read an article about this Yonex's Boron series. Among Boron 2, 3 & 7, Boron 3 & 7 are for JP market only, whereas Boron 7 is more solid and heavier among them.

Boron 2 is the export version of Boron 3. It has been rumoured that the cosmetic and quality of Boron 2 & 3 are identical, but just change the word "3" to "2", making Boron 2 as an export version.
    I have ever seen Boron 7 photos as attached, but never seen a Boron 3 before. It would be great if any one can show a Boron 3 here.

Anyway, Boron series is a bit fragile, max. tension would be 22 lbs. A stronger alternative would be Cab 21, which is more solid and durable than the Boron series.

I am so lucky to own a Boron 2 (95% new) and now I keep it as an antique. In terms of performance, Boron 2 is perfect ; in terms of cosmetic, I find Boron 2 is the best - simple design but elegant.

One particular point here, the Boron series haven't had any YY logo on the T-joint, that's the unique feature of Boron series.

Attached Files:

4. King's

King's Regular Member

Didn't realise that YY Boron (racquets) are a bit fragile but thanks for the info so that I know now.:)