Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Yonex MP100 vs. "Bad R Us" Evolution 777?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by DinkAlot, Mar 20, 2005.

1. DinkAlot

DinkAlot dcbadminton
    Brand Representative

www.dcbadminton.net
    Hi All, has anyone tried a Taiwan made racket called the Bad R Us Evolution 777? If so, how do you like the racket?

The reason why I ask is because I have two Evolution 777s and they both play as well as my MP100 (if not better).

Maybe I'm just crazy. :p Any comments?

2. DinkAlot

DinkAlot dcbadminton
    Brand Representative

www.dcbadminton.net
    Update: I hope this helps when trying to decide whether or not to purchase an MP100.

Today I went and hit with my MP100 for 3 hours, comparing it to my Bad R Us Evolution 777 and the MP100 was amazing. I was saying the Evo 777 was comparable to the MP100; well, now I don't think it's in the same league.

I realized I wasn't getting the full potential of my MP100 because I wasn't flexing the shaft. That is, I wasn't hitting hard enough to maximize the performance. Prior, I was not swinging hard enough, maybe 75-80% my max potential because I wasn't used to the racket and was playing doubles.

Today was just practice and I start hitting harder and harder and the MP100 just hit laser beams. Then I switched to my Evo777 and I could not hit as hard or as well. It's still a good racket but no MP100. :p

I've seen a lot of reviews on the MP100 and they are all over the place. Many say it's a great racket while some say it's no good or just average. I feel the MP100 is only great if you are able to flex the shaft. If not, I would not recommend it.

I'm going to pick-up a couple of more MP100s. I think my search is done. :D

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I have never heard of that racket, can you post some photos?

4. DinkAlot

DinkAlot dcbadminton
    Brand Representative

www.dcbadminton.net
    Sure thing BlueJeff, please give me about 10 minutes. :)

5. DinkAlot

DinkAlot dcbadminton
    Brand Representative

www.dcbadminton.net
    Here you go BlueJeff, the Bad R Us Evolution 777 and my MP100. Notice the dimensions are just about identical. I believe the Bad R Us rackets are the house brand, sold exclusively through the San Gabriel Valley Badminton Club who own www.badmintonsupplies.net. The website is here: www.badrus.com.

The sales person told me the Evo777 was a Taiwan replica of the ArmorTec 800 but with a choice of head heavy or balanced and Offensive or Defensive. I hit with both the Evo777 and MP99 and honestly felt the Evo777 was a bit better (at the time).

The Evo777 is ~$120 each. If you're interested in trying the racket, I can send it to you. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#5 DinkAlot, Mar 23, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  6. scchang

scchang Regular Member

Mechanical Engineer
    It is learned that BadRUS have some other rackets in interesting colors, such as pink, but I don't know the product number. The owner of this brand is a cool guy and a decent player. Well, I did not have a chance to try this racquet yet but he did let me try some other rackets, such as RSL, that he plans to import in very near future.

-SC

7. Javalina

Javalina Regular Member

student
    I think the BRS racquets do not have the materials that Yonex has. Take a close look at the head frame region. Armortech racquets have Titanium strips inbeded in them but not the BRS. Take a look at the attached picture I got from bbesports.com