Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Yonex racket similar or comparable to Head Airflow 5

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by playmaker, Sep 24, 2012.

1. playmaker

playmaker Regular Member

I'm planning to upgrade my racket. I need something that is comparable to the Head Airflow 5 racket I'm used too preferably from Yonex.

Thanks.

2. mkinhu

mkinhu Regular Member

Yonex nanoray 700rp would have roughly same specs. Its rated stiff. nanoray 700fx if you want a more flexible shaft. Nanoray 500 is also another option.
    Non-yonex option would be Victor Super wave 36 - 4u, mid-flex, even balanced.
    A bit cheaper would be yonex nanoray 80.

3. mkinhu

mkinhu Regular Member

By the way, what do you think of airflow 5? I was thinking of getting it myself. Any other rackets you tried before you bought that?

4. playmaker

playmaker Regular Member

Airflow 5 is actually good for defense and offense as long as you have good wrist action. I also find it's good for drives. It's designed more for women's. I do have 2 Yonex TI-10 3rd gen that I use also.