Separate names with a comma.
Thanks for visiting us!
Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.
Click here for a FREE account!
Discussion in 'Market Place' started by anakin, May 9, 2005.
how much cab50? arrv yet?
anyone going there can help me to buy?
Hi, are there any new updates for the prices of YY rackets in Bangkok? Will be going to Bangkok in May. Hope to get the best price of the rackets and strings as well.
anyone can advise on the pricing for the below racquet at Bangkok?
Arc10 Premium 2012
Arc10 Peter Gade
Cab50 hw much?
Can help to buy?
Just return back from bkk this week, below are some pricing for everyone info:
Arc10 premium 2012 is 4150baht, just racquet.
at900plc is 4500baht, just racquet
bg66um is 170 baht for more than 10 piece.
fom which shop you get the pricing?
Lovely thread for me to go shopping!! How many racquets can I take on the plane? Will be travelling thai airways.
no idea. i saw someone with 3 racquet bag (single)
Thanks. I shall go with empty luggage.
Cheung, I used to bring along my yonex 9-racket bag but was asked on a few occasions to check in my bag. Nowadays I would just bring along one of those big soft cover drawstring bags which could contain approx 10 rackets.
I just check in HK - price for AT900P 3U with stringing is equivalent to 4500baht
Doesn't seem I can save much money.
Mr mod, hk pricing is good enuf alr. Enjoy ur holiday without thinking of baddies shopping la. The german beer garden is good. and check out possedon club. kekeke
Where are the shops...
Can you tell me the location of these shops!! Somewhere near national stadium?? Can you buy yonex t-shirts as well in these shops??? Please let me know!!!
Goto http://maps.google.co.th/?ie=UTF8&hl=en and key in 'Supachalasai National Stadium'. The shops are located along CHULA 5. Its approx 15mins walk from National Stadium BTS station/MBK Center if you walk along RAMA 1 road.
If you're looking for Yonex apparels suggest you visit the Yonex showroom at Central World Plaza 3rd level.
Thank you very much... My hotel is a about 2 km from there.. On phetchburi road!! Strange that these shops do have rackets but no badminton apparel!! Bangkok is a big city and they must have apparels... Maybe in CW plaza on the third floor, maybe they will know nearby shops with yonex apparels,.. Thanks!!
just returned from bangkok
paragon sport section :
victor shirts at 390bath
central world Yonex store:
yonex 700rp at 5270bath
voltric z-force 5670bath
arc 10 premium 2012 5350b
sport marketing :
( i bought mine here yesterday)
yonex 700rp 4200bath plus 230 for the BG66ultimax
nanospeed 9900 saw them selling purple colour only 4600bath
and i cant find victor racket along the stadium. just saw few of them in paragon sport section
those shops along national stadium do not sell hi-end Victor anymore. They used to, back in 2009, but not anymore.
are airasia allow us to hand carry badminton racket?emporium sportmall sell victor racket?
airasia has no issue of passengers carrying racket equipment on board. However, different airport has different regulation for check-in. For instance, Thailand's airport is OKAY with passengers carrying rackets into waiting room. Malaysia's airport isn't so friendly about this. I was once hand-carried 7 rackets from Bangkok-Malaysia-Indonesia (transit in Kuala Lumpur). The officials told me to check-in my rackets along with other baggage, reason was for security. After talked nicely to them and because my flight is about to on board, i was lucky and allowed to keep go on as they pretended not to see the rackets. But they warned me i wouldn't be so lucky next time where i might have to leave off my rackets on the trash bin. This happened in Oct 2011. I'm not so sure about now if there are regulation changes in any other airport. But for safety reason of your rackets & convenience boarding, you should check-in your rackets.
Emporium mall sells Victor rackets as i checked last 2011. The prices were a bit higher than what it used to when sport shops along National Stadium were still selling them.
Here's some wise advice for those racket-hunters out there,
1. CHINA sells cheaper LiNing & Victor rackets than any other country in the world. If you're looking for LiNing, visit Beijing. If you're looking for Victor, visit Taiwan. But of course both places still sell cheaper for both brands. Without bargain, all legit sport shops already discount 25-30% off the retail prices. If you know well the shop owner, you might get extra 15% discount. If you have membership card, you can get another 5-10% discount for LiNing & Victor. But pls note that do NOT do racket-hunting in LiNing mega-store plaza in all over China. They are price-insane! Look for small sport shops along the road. do NOT buy it on the street market or along the street. They are 100% fakes. In the shops, mostly all legit.
2. Malaysia, Indonesia, & Singapore are three countries that sell Yonex rackets with very reasonable prices (before bargain starts!). All Yonex attributes can be purchased slightly cheaper than any countries, possibly because Sunrise Yonex is the only distributor here. (If you don't care about the racket code).
3. Thailand (Bangkok) fall in the middle of the sales distribution, therefore prices here are quite confusing. Some says it's cheaper, other says it's more expensive. Indeed, you can find every brands here with every different prices. It's all about how good your bargaining skill is. Except your bargaining skills ain't gonna work inside the malls!
4. Flypower, Hart, Astec is sold with reasonable prices only in Indonesia (Jakarta).
5. ProAce, ..(and who knows what else) is probably sold cheaper in Malaysia.