Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Yonex Shuttlecock Speed Chart

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by aramistuscany, Sep 19, 2009.

1. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

'The best shuttlecocks in the world!'.. Wow!

Attached Files:

2. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Erm, what's the point of this ?

Everybody on the forum, and every shuttle manufacturer knows that choice of shuttle is temperature dependant.

What confuses me with this ad. is that Yonex are using a 1 to 7 scale whereas most players/manufacturers relate to 76/77/78/79 or the 40's/50's speed scale. Why use another system to confuse people ???

'Wow' indeed.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    maybe yonex thinks a 1,2,3,4,5 system is easier to remember than 74-80, or 40 to 50

4. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

isn't it the responsiblity of IBF to decide on this, or Yonex thinks they are important enough so that everyone will follow them?

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I think Yonex probably wants to have a numbering system for both feathers and plastics.
    Anyway, the feathers numbering system used by Yonex may not be so accurate. For example I use Yonex AS-50 for testing/evaluation extensively for comparative purposes and I find their speed 2 is actually more suitable for a temperature of 25 degrees C, RH 50% and maybe a bit fast. The chart says differently and seems to be tailored to women or players who cannot hit well. I would rate the Yonex AS-50 as similar to speed 78.