Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Yonex Strong clamp, max tension

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by jsunsun, Nov 23, 2006.

1. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

Is this yonex regular clamp? or, since it says "strong", is it for high tension purposes? How high tension can it take? I usually string my racquets at 26x29 or 27x30lbs.

http://www.badmintonalley.com/YONEX_Stringing_Flying_Clamp_p/tools-yonex-flying-clamp.htm

I'm currently using hiqua clamps, which I find will is not strong enough for tensions above ~25lbs. Anything above 25lbs, strings will slip. Yes I know I can use 4 clamps to avoid this slippage, and that's what i'm doing now. I have 2 hi-qua clamps, and 2 adjustable clamps. The adjustable clamps slows down my stringing time, hence I want either 2 more hi-qua clamps, or even better, if 2 yonex strong clips can support above 25lbs by themselves.

Since I string my racquets often, i'm getting sick and tired of stringing:( , sowhatever helps to decrease my stringing time would be good!:)

Thanks!

2. DinkAlot

DinkAlot dcbadminton
    Brand Representative

DCBadminton Racket Developer
    IMHO, the Hi-Qua clamps hold better than the Yonex clamps.

No one single floating clamp is going to hold tension well above 25lbs. You need to use two clamps per string.

I have four Hi-Qua clamps and using the Taneepak staggered method, the string holds fine. Do a search for the Taneepak method.

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Or use the Pete LSD method :D. Minimum one and maxiumum four staggered :D.

4. DinkAlot

DinkAlot dcbadminton
    Brand Representative

DCBadminton Racket Developer
    Badminton string hates you. :p

5. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

yep I do use the staggered 4 clamp method. just don't like using the adjustable ones cuz they're slower. what i mean by adjustable are ones like this:
    http://www.eagnas.com/maxgen2/pn3089.html

I find I can tighten these enough so that they can handle 25+lbs by themselves, but i don't like using these cuz they take ~3s to put on instead of ~1s using the hi-qua style clamps.

Since you don't believe yonex ones will hand 25+lbs, guess i'll just buy 2 more hi-qua, since they're cheaper.

i'll prob also experiment by adding stronger springs into the hiqua clamps to see if i can tighten those clamps enough so i can just use 2 total clamps...

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    At least they get a good workout :D.