Separate names with a comma.
Thanks for visiting us!
Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.
Click here for a FREE account!
Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by RedShuttle, Dec 8, 2008.
Yes, but i hope she will frequently use her backhand defense instead of her crouching defense
congratulation for Zhao Yunlei for her first XD AE title
I'd agree if you are referring to CS. For ZYL, this is a case of live by the sword, die by the sword. Yeah, she makes many errors, but also makes many winners on this shot.
Let me relive this thread
more here.. the express train is so faaaasst
adorable young lady ..
Uber Cup 2010
she is adorable...too bad LYB didnt pick them in Uber Cup
so they can beat Ha Jung-eun/Lee Kyung-won
but happy to see Korean won...beat Du Jing/Yu Yang...
Good stuff! Thanks
ZYL is finally back in form this year. Look forward to her performance at the WC.
Internal competition, prior to the selection, determined their fate..
..below are the main reasons why LYB decided not to choose them...there're always hindsight, what ifs..
For what it's worth, LYB's final explanation for not bringing ZYL was that in case DJ is injured, TQ can partner with YY and ZYL can't.
That begs the obvious question of why not just play CS/ZYL if DJ can not go. (Even LYB has enough sense to not play TQ/PP in the Uber Cup Final.)
Adding insult to injury, DJ was indeed injured but still played with YY, instead of being replaced by TQ. China lost the Uber Cup as the result. That match was the only one that LYB was fuming about
i strongly agree with you
even in sudirman cup, LYB didnt choose them and it was last year when CS/ZYL were in better form than PP/TQ. I am sick with LYB who always choose his golden boy/girl.
Lots of what ifs, hindsights...
..in last yr's Sudirman Cup, ZYL & CS weren't chosen *initially*. But they were eventually added in last minute. Nonetheless, LYB only fielded DJ & YY and ZYW & PP in all of their 5 matches (up til the Final).
- When did LYB make that comment?..After the Uber Cup Final ended or prior to the start of the Uber Cup competition.
- IMO, no matter what kind of excuses/reasons LYB made in selecting PP & TQ over CS & ZYL, most likely neither pair will be selected to play in the Final Rd.
Also note, up til March this yr, only DJ & YY and MJ & WXL, were the top 2 WD pairs from CHN. IMO, if i were LYB, i would've chosen both of them over PP & TQ or ZYL & CS to play in the Final vs. the KORs.
- I don't know if DJ & YY should've been the scapegoats for their loss (how about WYH losing her match>>LYB selecting her as 1st WS??). But IMO, if i were LYB, i also would've chosen DJ & YY as one of the pairs, even with DJ "injured" which i didn't notice much (simply because of their experience). At the same time, I also thought DJ & YY should've won their match; going to rubber games vs. the KORs indicate both pairs were pretty much even steven; just came down to a couple of executions and tactics. I also don't know, whether replacing DJ with TQ or PP would've made the difference or not. Again, lots of hindsights, what ifs...
- Perhaps LYB was fuming at himself, but using DJ & YY as the scapegoats (the most senior of the players/pairs)...
I'd like to add in a couple more comments, below, these were taken from last yr's Sudirman Cup sub-forum. I do concur abt the notion of ZYW not being included in the Uber Cup team (yes, i know the reason is so she can focus on XD). IMO, she and YY are currently CHN's top women's doubles players.:
A few facts:
LYB made his comment prior to Uber Cup.
MJ/WXL earned their spot. But when it comes to the big stage, CS/ZYL beat them at both WC and AE, in straight games.
DJ was injured to the point that YY had to move away from the net to cover for her. Without the net attack and out of their usual formation, they were sitting ducks.
LYB blamed DJ for being selfish and not telling the coaching staff of her injury. But really, it was also LYB and his posse's fault for not spotting DJ's problem which actually flared up a few days before the final.
TQ/YY was junior world champion. Upon reunion, they promptly won Swiss Open this year without breaking a sweat.
Not having CS/ZYL on hand and having no faith in TQ/PP, LYB blindly gambled on YY/DJ, and lost.
- Appreciate for confirming.
- Those were individual tourneys, can't really rely on those/past results. There's no guarantee CS/ZYL would have beaten the KOR pair, should they've been fielded. Also given their lackluster results prior to the UC and during the internal competition.
Think about this, if CS & ZYL really want to make the UC team, they would've beaten PP & TQ in that internal competition match, eventhough they've beaten MJ & WXL in the AE or WC. Or was there some kind of match-fixing going on?
- I certainly didn't notice DJ was injured (i was there, front and center, well, almost). She was launching bazookas in the 1st, part of the 2nd game. It was mostly the KOR's pair's tactic in the 2nd game which turned the match around by forcing everything to DJ, forcing her to make plays, which eventually drained her of her stamina.
- So, who's to blame? DJ and LYB?..
- Again, that was junior WC. There's no guarantee they would've created the same result vs. the KOR pair.
- I can sense LYB went with his gut decision, went with experience. I thought that makes sense. Nonetheless, it's not as if the CHN pair (YY&DJ) lost in straight games as it went to a rubber game. I thought the CHN pair could've won, but the KOR pair stepped it up at the end.
Again, lots of hindsights and what ifs..
No comments on any of her modeling pics?
Any modeling pics of CS?
Not really her. A better stylist is needed
I think she's not suitable for make-up. Just like WYH
ZYL in Chinese Badminton Super League. Two wins on last Sunday.
Hahaha. Just gonna love this pic. Are those 2 going out?
Read more: http://www.badzine.net/news/japan-open-2010-–-zhaozhang-back-on-top/8347/
Anyway, congratulation for winning the JO 2010. A good bounce back from china master.