Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Too early to tell??

27, numerous tripping up at all the previous major events ... still too early to tell? Its gonna be an interesting 2010 indeed ;)

ahhh ... I see some brave souls stepping forward with their predictions. Good!

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Can anyone predict..

..if DLCW is even going to show up or participate in next yr's AE?..
    ..if LD is even going to show up or participate in next yr's AE?..
    :confused:...yes, it's too early to predict..:cool:

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Barring injury, I bet my Apac racket that both will attend...AE is a major, both wants it;)
    Also, at best for both of them, there are 2 AEs left after AE10. WC is once every 2 years and OLY is 4 yrs interval. So, not too many majors left to hunt;)

#2163 OneToughBirdie, Oct 10, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Anyone..^^

..maybe even your daughter can make that prediction...:eek:;)
    Can anyone predict either or both LD & DLCW will be healthy/injury-free by next yr's AE??..:confused:
    WC will still be an annual event, at least until 2012 OG; it will go back to a biennial event after the 2012 OG.

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dont we all make predictions?

Whether it is some sporting event, test results, share market, the economy etc etc?

Should there be a no show by LCW for the AE10, well the tourney will still go on as the AE is definitely bigger than the lad. As for LCW, his cabinet will still show ... no majors.

Should there be a no show by LD, tourney will still go on as usual. LD's cabinet is still filled with a couple of AEs. ;)

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Sure..^^

..everyone can make predictions and the AE show will still go on if either or both should fail to show up...
    So, do you know if DLCW or LD are going to be there for next yr's AE??..what's your call??..
    :confused:

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Nobody knows for certain what will happen even tomorrow, we can only predict, guess, etc...Pros may choose to skip some SS but defnitely not a SS that is considered a major. And AE is one of them. Even HH had one.
    Of course, you can make a case of TH skipping AE when he was at his prime. I don't know TH at all. I am not sure TH regrets that decision to skip or not because that is the single major missing in his collection, one that his compatriots Rudy and Lim has multiples of them and LD has 3 of them officially, and 4 of them 'unofficially'.
    Because LD's target is majors only and a proven winner, and still is the best player today in my opinion and with AE10 only a few months away, that is why I pick him to win.

And thanks for correcting that WC is an annual affair still.

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Will they be there??

Will Brazil show up for next year's World Cup in South Africa?

Will Federer & Nadal show up for Wimbledon next year?

Will Tiger Woods show up for the US Open next year?

Will Wayne Rooney show up for the coming derby against Liverpool?

Will Tom Cruise continue to make movies?

;)

9. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    akhem, yea. it's clear. Don't have to be sooos farsighted, no? =p
    Injuries aside, i believe 2 top players will attend. Lin Dan is in the top of the list to hold the title. No matter how much i want a Malaysian to win, what is better? a lie that draws a smile or the truth that draws a tear? but hey,

Winning isn't always finishing first. Sometimes winning is just finishing. LCW is, for me a winner when he had getting ahead of himself, not others. Meet Lin Dan and give me better than Olympic Final. Lin Dan can have the AE title, i will have my own winner.

If you don’t like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk. *wink*

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes..

..no one knows for certain what will happen tomorrow, but our Pemuda sure loves to make predictions; afterall, it seems to be his specialty..;)

Thus, the question to Pemuda, again:
    So, do you know if DLCW & LD are going to be there for next yr's AE??..what's your call??..:confused:

*Pemuda, yes, please enlighten and entertain us with your predictions to your 5 questions..;)

#2170 ctjcad, Oct 11, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Now ... now

Whats my call? ... sorry maybe I didnt provide em' visual aid, but if you would re-read my earlier posting, I did say that LCW wont make the final in AE10.
    Funny ... you kept asking me for my call when you are unwilling to put forward your prediction on who is going to win AE10 ;)

Pertaining to your ;'so, do you know if DLCW & LD are going to be there for next yr's AE?', the answer is in that 5 questions. :rolleyes:

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dont we all make predictions in life?

:eek: Not my specialty. Maybe you should look for them guys in PAW in this forum if you are looking for specialty?

13. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    erm .. we shouls now ask if Argentina will be in africa next summer ..:)

14. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Out of topic la, you guys should ask how Lee Chong Wei condition right now ...
    The best question,will amin become badminton player? hahahaha!

#2174 Amin Khalili, Oct 11, 2009
  15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Already forgotten??..

:p
    - My question is not abt whether DLCW will win that AE; i got that answer from you already. The question i'm asking is: will both DLCW and LD be there for the AE? Please re-read again.
    - As for my "prediction". I already put forth my "prediction" in an earlier post. Not sure if you paid attention to that. However, i put forth that it's too soon to call cos both or either of them might not even show up. Please find my post or should i point my post to you??..:confused:
    - What is your answer in those 5 question??..Yay or nay for DLCW and LD to show up??..
    ..your specialty is not making prediction??...erm, i'm sure quite a few folks would feel otherwise. I can start with your prediction of this yr's WC for the M'sia squad. Or did you forget abt that??..:cool:

#2175 ctjcad, Oct 11, 2009
  16. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    All England 10 is held in March, that is 5 months from now...if Dato cannot recover by then, might as well close shop. If LCW and LD are seriously selective in SS, AE is one both will not miss and actually willl train hard for it...therefore LCW and LD will both be there (and I bet both my Apacs on that plus my collector's 1988 Cab20:D)...my prediction is LCW will be out in SF and LD will win his 4th or 5th. Again, looking at my past prediction, very seldom is correct though:D:p

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Change your Apacs to Li Ning, maybe you will attract more punters, especially those crystal ball gazers and those who are willing to play with $$$ by the side. Then both LCW and LD will possibly earn more than the official prize money. :D

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I am too cheap to pay for rackets that is why I hang onto my vintage 1988 Cab20s:p...the Apacs are gift though...as for bets, I am leery of not able to collect my winnings, all you get is a big IOU...LOL!!:D:p;)

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Lets see who forgot?

Lets back track a little. Refer to my post # 2154 as below;

Yes, I made the prediction that LCW wont make it to the final AE10 and I asked you what's your prediction for AE10 be?

Your response as follows:

I was merely asking you for your prediction for AE10. Why la XBall?? Dont know why you suddenly throw in XBall? :rolleyes: My response as below:

Instead of answering my question, you took another sudden turn with below statement;

And the below statement is the icing, I mean you cant even give me your prediction on who is going to win AE10, you expect me to answer your question?? :eek::eek:

I mean ... really, dude if you find it uncomfortable to predict ... its, I mean .. its ok. No prob, dude. Dont need to go on a roundabout 'bout XBall, or whether LD or LCW will show or no or etc etc. It was just a simple question. Have no worries, I still think highly of you. You have lost nothing, dude. Your bank account is still safe. Your Village People & Boy George cd collection are still intact, safely tucked under your bed.

;)

#2179 Pemuda, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Hi uncle,

I dont mind putting down a small little wager. :D

I say LCW wont win AE10'. I will to lose RM400 if LCW win AE10' and win only RM200 if LCW dont win AE10'. And if I win that RM200, I want that money to be donated to the charity of my choice.